Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Here is another brain teaser for you !
My Lunar Premier H592 has an onboard fresh water tank which needs to have a new tank cap insert ??
The tank has a cap that measures about five and a half inches in diameter and the cap insert is concave and holds the feed to taps and overflow pipes and the water content sensor ! The problem is that the concave insert has broken around the edge which sits on the top of the tank opening and fractured around one of the pipe inserts. This has been caused by the fitting being too high and when you sit on the seat in which the tank sits,it pushes down on the fittings,causeing them to have fractured.
It would appear that the fittings have been replaced in the past and they are too tall. I have glued the cap and the fracture cracks and put a batten around the base of the seat, raising it up by an inch,this has stopped the seat resting on the pipes,but a replacement would be the best bet.
Does anyone know where I can purchase such a large size cap as Lunar cannot help, (too old and wash their hands) of any previous versions of their motorhomes and the standard caps you can purchase are too small ? Any help is appreciated,Regards Frank.

Attachments

• CIMG3347.JPG
    CIMG3347.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 115
  • CIMG3348.JPG
    CIMG3348.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 106
  • CIMG3349.JPG
    CIMG3349.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 108

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Frank not sure if you have tried CAK tanks, but if not could be work a try.

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for your swift replies,have looked at their site and not found what I'm looking for,but will try again.Regards Frank.

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for that Puddleduck,always the last resort,as we get so used to the internet these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Here is another brain teaser for you !
My Lunar Premier H592 has an onboard fresh water tank which needs to have a new tank cap insert ??
The tank has a cap that measures about five and a half inches in diameter and the cap insert is concave and holds the feed to taps and overflow pipes and the water content sensor ! The problem is that the concave insert has broken around the edge which sits on the top of the tank opening and fractured around one of the pipe inserts. This has been caused by the fitting being too high and when you sit on the seat in which the tank sits,it pushes down on the fittings,causeing them to have fractured.
It would appear that the fittings have been replaced in the past and they are too tall. I have glued the cap and the fracture cracks and put a batten around the base of the seat, raising it up by an inch,this has stopped the seat resting on the pipes,but a replacement would be the best bet.
Does anyone know where I can purchase such a large size cap as Lunar cannot help, (too old and wash their hands) of any previous versions of their motorhomes and the standard caps you can purchase are too small ? Any help is appreciated,Regards Frank.
If all else fails it wouldn't be too difficult to make, or have made, out of nylon or similar stock. If DiY without access to a lathe it could be made from two or more discs cut from 3mm nylon or Delrin glued together.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I would have suggested CAK tanks as well. A very neat job with the woodwork, by the way (y)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
The cap you show looks the same as ours and it's a fiamma tank

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Hi JJ, will tell the wife you say she is fat ,( come up and introduce yourself to her at the rallies :LOL: ).

Dux, thanks for info and complement,have emailed with photo to C A K, awaiting reply !

Martin, brilliant idea,but not sure plastic around the rim will take it,thanks.

Alfandm, have got three of Fiammas caps and they are too small,thanks anyway.

Regards to all Frank.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Going by your woodwork skills, I would go and buy a plastic chopping board and jigsaw a circle out of that, drill the required holes and see how you get on (y)

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for that Jockaneezer,the problem is that the insert is concave and not flat.If I was to use a flat piece, of plastic,it would raise the fitting,and I would be back to stage one ,but idea is sound,thanks.

Peter,thanks also but the Hymer one is also a flat cap and not a cup,so same problem.But thanks for your input.Regards Frank

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Peter,thanks also but the Hymer one is also a flat cap and not a cup,so same problem.But thanks for your input.Regards Frank
Just been out and looked at it and the cap is in fact much more recessed than the one in your photo. Probably got a 30mm recess at least from the top. The only trouble is that it only has the holes for the pump and overflow. The third hole on yours, which I suspect takes the level control rods, is not on the cap, although there is probably enough room to drill one I suspect.

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks Peter,I've been up to C A K and they have not seen cap like mine ???
It looks like I will have to make one using a mould and fibreglass.Regards Frank.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not rocket science to make one out of fibreglass and you and even recess a bit more.

Or slash a few extra ££ and make it out of carbon fibre. Style !!

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Hi all, just an update re water tank onboard filler/inspection cap.

Should anyone else have the same problem, I found a solution in Pets at Home !!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a non slip pets water bowl and was able to cut down the bowls rim with a jigsaw to fit the opening and the cut out the three holes I required with two sizes of tank hole saws, and finally drilled a hole for the pump cable and fitted a rubber grommet..

Spent weeks looking for the right size cap and bowl and this was my solution. FUNNY ????

My regards to all who tried to help me, it is nice to see people helping others and long may Motorhome Fun continue.Frank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back