Caravan Club rant - update (1 Viewer)

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Just reading the November issue of the Caravan Club magazine, in particular an item on 2010 site bookings. It looks like they are taking the problem of block bookings/last minute cancellations very seriously, it reads and I quote, "Please be considerate of other members when making your bookings and only reserve dates you are confident you will use" unquote.
No more problems there then!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
that should read.....

"Please be considerate of other members when making your bookings and only reserve dates you are prepared to place a non-refundable deposit on"

but it aint gonna happen....is it !!!!

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I canceled my membership by email, with a response from the TEAM, however after other posts with respect to automatic payments I checked if I could still log on even though my membership was expired.

Yes !

I could still log on :Eeek:

I telephoned the TEAM and she confirmed my membership was canceled. So all OK :thumb:

On neither occasion, was an enquiry made to why I had canceled !

When this occurs whether a CLUB or a company, that I have had a long term relationship with, always leaves me feeling that they couldn't care less. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Too big to care, almost 400,000 members. Caravans and Motorhomes still grow in popularity at an amazing rate; much faster than new sites are built, in fact sites may well be in decline. If the whole of motorhomeFun didnt renew there membership this year they probably wouldn't notice::bigsmile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
When this occurs whether a CLUB or a company, that I have had a long term relationship with, always leaves me feeling that they couldn't care less. :Angry:

You know why don't you they couldn't, shame but it just shows what they think.:Doh:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Is the C&C club any different?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Too big to care, almost 400,000 members. Caravans and Motorhomes still grow in popularity at an amazing rate; much faster than new sites are built, in fact sites may well be in decline. If the whole of motorhomeFun didnt renew there membership this year they probably wouldn't notice::bigsmile:

dont know about that Jim

9'100 members at £37 is a lot of dosh.....£337,000 in fact.:Eeek:
i'm sure they'd wonder who was fiddling the books at least.::bigsmile:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp

I have always found the office staff helpful and friendly.

My last trip through the tunnel was booked through them, due to my mothers illness I had to change the booking three times, considering they have to phone the tunnel while dealing with you at the same time, which must be a pain. They couldn't have been more helpful. :thumb:

Roy

Last edited:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
"Please be considerate of other members when making your bookings and only reserve dates you are confident you will use" unquote.
No more problems there then!

That will do it then..........problem solved...........not.........::bigsmile:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
CC websites been down all day. 1st they said up and running by 12 then it was 3 now its 5. Maybe its all the forum members logging on to cancel thats crashed it. ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I joined this year waste of money every time you tried to book somewhere full up do you think i will be continuing my membership?:thumbdown:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No

in our experience they are not as obsessed with Caravans, although on the rare occasions we've booked in advance they don't like taking short term bookings - ie 1 or 2 nights, creates more work I suppose.
Fell out with CC several years ago over their dismissive attitude to Motorhomes and total lack of interest in our comments on problems with the CC
Seriously thinking of dropping C&CC membership as well, only really use the Big Site Book - which is excellent - spend very little time camping in UK now and can get perfectly acceptable deals on insurance etc without them

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
spend very little time camping in UK now and can get perfectly acceptable deals on insurance etc without them

May be worth giving them a try on a crossing, we only use the tunnel and up to now we have saved about 15% by booking through them as opposed to direct. So for us even without using the sites we have more than covered the membership fee.

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
we use Hull, and the only really great deals came from Tesco Vouchers - unfortunately now long gone,

it seems difficult to get anyone interested enough to quote for North Sea Ferry crossings unfortunately, and by the time third parties get around to pulling a deal together I've lost interest. :Sad: or the cold dark nights are threatening and I need to book something / anything just to keep me going :Smile::winky:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Even a lot of uk club sites you don't have to be a member to use them.

As the author of a Guide on Big Pitches, I can actually quote chapter and verse on whether you need to be a member to visit some Caravan Sites.

Of all the Caravan Club sites quoted in their handbook, there are actually 74 that will take (Warden permitting :shout:) camping vehicles of 30 foot or longer.

Of those 74 you have to be a member to go to 22 of them - which means you do not have to be a member to go to the other 52 - although you might have to pay at least £1 extra per outfit per night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back