Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We are thinking of diverting to Blackpool on our way home from the Lakes as er indoors would like to see the illuminations.
Is there anywhere (campsite or car park)nearby where we can park the MOHO and walk to the main drag of lights?
Don't have to stay the night. Just be nice to see them in dry weather. We can always find somewhere to wild camp after. Forecast good for our journey home.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Great minds and all that! After we leave here we are meeting friends at Clitheroe for a bit of touring around Lancashire and including our first visit to see the illuminations. :rolleyes:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Used to go to see the illuminations every year. Can you park rear of the pleasureland?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
best bet I would say is the southern car park near the airport, trams turn round there, fairly big car park, get tram back for first bit, its a bloody long walk, possibly best viewed from a tram, or for that matter just drive through in MH, at least you can make a coffee and use loo in the monster traffic jams that always used to come with them (y)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Be careful where you park in Blackpool as they're keen on ticketing Motorhomes. Majority of street parking shows parking signs with a picture of a car which means only cars. If you look on their website, they have about three car parks which accommodate Motorhomes - one of which I think is near Gyn Square which us where the coaches can park - but it's not overnight.
Plus, when the lights are on, you'll need to consider whether they'll make the lights run a one way. No probs if you're walking them but need to consider for your route to your car park.

You may wish to google their new 'aire' which is located on the north shore near Norbreck and is situated on the front. They were building it last year when I was last there and it should be finished by now and is specifically for Motorhome Parking.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Be careful where you park in Blackpool as they're keen on ticketing Motorhomes. Majority of street parking shows parking signs with a picture of a car which means only cars. If you look on their website, they have about three car parks which accommodate Motorhomes - one of which I think is near Gyn Square which us where the coaches can park - but it's not overnight.
Plus, when the lights are on, you'll need to consider whether they'll make the lights run a one way. No probs if you're walking them but need to consider for your route to your car park.

You may wish to google their new 'aire' which is located on the north shore near Norbreck and is situated on the front. They were building it last year when I was last there and it should be finished by now and is specifically for Motorhome Parking.
I stand corrected as it looks like they've changed their policy on overnighting at Gyn Square and some other car parks as per their website.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
As far as I can remember, The Shovels on Lytham Road allows moho overnight parking (think it's free)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I stand corrected as it looks like they've changed their policy on overnighting at Gyn Square and some other car parks as per their website.

Yes changed back in April 2016. (y)
All we need now are some facilities is a waste dump and water tap somewhere....

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
For anyone who is in the C&CC and wants to stay overnight there is a THS at South Shore Cricket Club from 20th to 30th October. We stayed for a few days last year, got the bus in and a taxi back twice so that we could walk the lights in two easy stages.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
If we go to the illuminations we go to the Haven site at Marton Mere. There's a bus from the site into Blackpool every half hour and an open topped that does an illuminations tour at night.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I might be teaching my granny to suck eggs here, but for anyone who hasn't been to the lights before, walking is about the worst option, it's a hell of a way , cars and buses everywhere, cold , windy, usually wet, tram far better , not dear and you can see them from the middle not just up one side. You used to be able to use your bus pass on the trams but think they may have stopped that now.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I might be teaching my granny to suck eggs here, but for anyone who hasn't been to the lights before, walking is about the worst option, it's a hell of a way , cars and buses everywhere, cold , windy, usually wet, tram far better , not dear and you can see them from the middle not just up one side. You used to be able to use your bus pass on the trams but think they may have stopped that now.
The distance is why we did the lights in two stages last year. The Friday night we went up the tower in time for them being switched on then took our time walking from the tower to Squires Gate. On the Sunday we caught a tram to Bispham, arriving as the lights were switched on, then took our time walking back to the tower. That gave us plenty of time to have a good look and take plenty of pictures.

Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
If we go to the illuminations we go to the Haven site at Marton Mere. There's a bus from the site into Blackpool every half hour and an open topped that does an illuminations tour at night.
We been this year and thought the Haven site good. However the open top bus isn't running this year, we used the local bus in but it finishes about 1930, so used a taxi back for a fixed rate of £9.00. The historic trams start opposite the pleasure beach entrance near south pier and Wetherspoons. They are an excellent way to view the lights and takes about 75 mins.

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thanks everyone. Very helpful and well done Blackpool Council for allowing overnighting(y)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
When visiting Blackpool I always use Hampton Rd club campsite. Its a 5 minute walk to the prom and has a very good social club on site with entertainment at the weekends.
http://hamptonroadcaravanparkandsocialclub.co.uk/the-caravan-park.html
Don't try emailing them, I sent 3 email enquiries couple of weeks ago and still waiting for a reply:madder: so sod em, CCC temp site for me (if we go)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Don't try emailing them, I sent 3 email enquiries couple of weeks ago and still waiting for a reply:madder: so sod em, CCC temp site for me (if we go)

I never had a problem with the old fashioned way of phoning them. Believe it or not I sometimes write letters to people and always get an answer. As JJ would say, emails are so yesterday :).

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I never had a problem with the old fashioned way of phoning them. Believe it or not I sometimes write letters to people and always get an answer. As JJ would say, emails are so yesterday :).
Then why do they bother to put their email address as a contact option ? just annoying when they don't reply and reflects badly on their business.

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
hope not to late its only a couple of hundreds yards to front

Attachments

• 20160912_181109.jpg
    20160912_181109.jpg