Scratches in laquer (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I have found one or two small scratches in the lacquer on the cab of my Ducato. I believe they were made by the plastic back of the extendable brush I was using to wash it with. What is an effective way of filling these in or at least reducing their visability? The cab is a dark blue/grey colour and the scratches are quite noticable up close.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Here we would use a cutting compound such as G3 or even 1200 grit wet and dry then t cut and polish , but suggest you simply T Cut them out
More effort More time less danger
G

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just wondering if I could carefully paint in a bit of lacquer (I have some in a touchup kit), let it harden for a couple of weeks then wet and dry it back. They are a bit more than a surface scratch. I can feel them with my nail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Just wondering if I could carefully paint in a bit of lacquer (I have some in a touchup kit), let it harden for a couple of weeks then wet and dry it back. They are a bit more than a surface scratch. I can feel them with my nail.

I wouldn't recommend painting, it would scream at you when you look at it & its damned near impossible to do it successfully at home. Try using a high quality polish & follow that up by waxing the cab properly, just polishing should hide the scratches but to keep them hidden, the wax seals it all in, adding protection as a bonus.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You would finish up with a scratch you can see but not feel:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back