Replacing wing mirrors on fiat motorhomes (1 Viewer)

richard fuller

Free Member
Aug 18, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
two
I recently came accross a lorry travelling at great speed towards me on the narrow devon roads. I took evading action but broke the inside mirror on the hedge he then proceeded to take out the offside mirror as well.He did not stop leaving me to pick up the tab. These mirrors are expensive approx £250 each add on top of this the cost of fiat fitting which is about £150 for both. I fitted mine myself which was not difficult it took me about one hour. they can easily be removed by undoing the four * bolts,the wiring can be accessed by lifting the electric window switch from the rear end first,you then need to pull off the speaker cover and unsrew the speaker this provides easy access to the wiring sockets, reasemble job done £150 saved. Hope this helps someone else as apparently I was only one of thirty people on one site that had lost wing mirrors in that week so it seems it is a common problem.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
French white van man took off my door mirror. Replacedby Brownhills (Newark) for £210

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hungarian lorry driver took off my passenger door mirror coming out of Dover docks. :cry:

Fiat wanted £150 for the short arm version ( it's the only one they do ) not much use for seeing round the side of the motorhome. :Eeek:

After a Google search I bought the correct, long arm version from a Citroen/Peugeot dealer. Same part number and an exact match for the other side for £40.

Good thing Fiat have stopped doing them. :ROFLMAO:

Phil.

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Hope this helps someone else as apparently I was only one of thirty people on one site that had lost wing mirrors in that week so it seems it is a common problem.

I bet it is a common problem on the narrow roads of Devon and Cornwall. I managed to knock the passenger side last year in a similar incident but it was on a brand new, hired motorhome. Luckily it was only scratched and some liberal application of AutoGlym's bumper restorer was sufficient for it not to be picked up when we took the vehicle back and therefore ensuring the safe return of my deposit :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back