Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi, i wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of anyplace that will fit an underslung refillable lpg gas tank in Sheffield or surrounding area.? I was thinking along the lines of gas-it or gaslow. Thanks

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
Yeah, seen them thanks was hoping for something closer tbh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If you use Autogas in Thirsk you can have a day out in York. They dropped us off at the train station and picked us up again when we returned. I can certainly recommend Autogas.

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
:thanks3: I've sent them an email. Do you mind if i ask what you had? and how much? I want an 11kg underslung tank with remote gauge

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I have a 55 litre under slung tank and they fitted a gauge in the dash. They will measure up under your van and tell you which size you can fit. This is because the tank must have a certain amount of ground clearance . I had the largest tank they could fit on mine. This saves on filling. Just had a month around France with my fridge permanently on gas and lots of cooking and hot water. I think it cost me around £14.00 in total gas used. This all cost £800.00. I think the much lower cost of gas and ease of filling make this worth paying. Oh almost forgot, this also included the three screw in adapters for the differing European pump connectors.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
I have a 55 litre under slung tank and they fitted a gauge in the dash. They will measure up under your van and tell you which size you can fit. This is because the tank must have a certain amount of ground clearance . I had the largest tank they could fit on mine. This saves on filling. Just had a month around France with my fridge permanently on gas and lots of cooking and hot water. I think it cost me around £14.00 in total gas used. This all cost £800.00. I think the much lower cost of gas and ease of filling make this worth paying. Oh almost forgot, this also included the three screw in adapters for the differing European pump connectors.
Hope this helps.

:whatthe: wow, do you mind me asking what that cost?

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
:tmi: sorry didn't scroll down, I've seen it now, hmm more than i was expecting, much more :smirk:

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
There is a small campervan conversion company on Carlton Industrial Estate near Barnsley.
I was speaking with the owner yesterday about under slung tanks and he said they have fitted loads.
He seem like a nice fella and his conversions are 1st class.
Carlton Van Conversions,Unit 83, Albion Rd, Barnsley S71 3HW

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1526411260946933

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
Did the barnsley man get back to you? Wish I knew about him last year.
I thought the only place to have them done was Thirsk so I fitted my own refillable gasit bottle in the locker.
Interested to know his prices.

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
Yes he did get back to me, we didn't get to a price. He asked me if all the gas using appliances were in place, i admitted they weren't yet and suggested it might be better if they were so that the whole system could be pressure tested once the tank had been fitted. I'll get back to him when I'm nearer to that (might be a while yet :wasntme:)

Deleted User
We had autogas in August. From which we joined the Funsters. Took a tad longer than I thought, around 4 hours. 2 bottles of ali, filled all connections and a bar b q outlet on the opposite side. £750. Thought it was dear until you get the whole breakdown of the fitting. Missed out on the 10% deduction for the funstors.Went for the ali for the weight, lots of bottles and systems to choose from, go for the biggest your van can take.
Ian S

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
Did the barnsley man get back to you? Wish I knew about him last year.
I thought the only place to have them done was Thirsk so I fitted my own refillable gasit bottle in the locker.
Interested to know his prices.
There's also an underslung tank fitter near Nottingham at a place called Newton by the name of Sail and trail. http://www.sailandtrail.co.uk/lpg-equipment

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Another one here recommending autogas in Thirsk. Lovely ... and efficient .. people.

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
Another one here recommending autogas in Thirsk. Lovely ... and efficient .. people.
I was speaking with the man at Thirsk last year asking for advice. He sounds like a really nice fella. I sent pictures from under my camper and he was very helpful. I would totally recommend him without a doubt. It is obvious from his web site that gas tanks are his specialty.
I only recommended Barnsley fitter because original postee asked for one in Sheffield or surrounding areas.:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I was speaking with the man at Thirsk last year asking for advice. He sounds like a really nice fella. I sent pictures from under my camper and he was very helpful. I would totally recommend him without a doubt. It is obvious from his web site that gas tanks are his specialty.
I only recommended Barnsley fitter because original postee asked for one in Sheffield or surrounding areas.:)

Hi Fred ... geography is not my strong point. ;) :)

kitcar man

Free Member
Jun 17, 2017
sheffield
Funster No
MH
andy sharrock
Exp
I had a gaslow bottle on my last van first and only time I filled it £3.45 lol. it could have already had some in but the gauges are known for not working

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Gasit full kit 2x11kg bottles with guages all stainless steel connecting hoses, hose and choice of filler inside locker or fitted in locker door, £335 less than an hour to fit it yourself

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
I read that GAS IT is cheaper than Gaslow, so I just checked the GAS IT website for all their dealers and got quotes from about a dozen from the Midlands, to South Coast, to Southeast. Here are the cheapest quotes I got for 2x 11 kg bottles with auto changeover.

Tourer Techs near Bristol. I went with them. Have been using it for 2 weeks, no complaints. £500 with VAT, auto changeover, external fill point (fill point located outside of the gas locker).

LPG Autoconversions near Tenterden. £466 2x 11 kg, £255 1x 11 kg. No VAT.

K L Green near Portsmouth. Sent SMS. ~£450. No VAT.

Sunstore near Brighton. £531, automatic changeover, auto refill

It's possible that there are some cheaper options for Gaslow—I didn't check them.

All the fitters I talked to require at least 4 days to order the parts.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It’s very easy to fit Gasit or Gaslow yourself if you are any good at DIY.:xThumb:

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I recently fitted twin 11kg Gaslow kit to my Hymer b654 myself. Very straightforward. Bought it all from Aoutogas 2000 in Thirsk. Best price I could find and delivered the next day. Brilliant

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back