Help with kipor ig 2000 Problems (1 Viewer)

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hello all, my son and i went to Drayton manor this weekend site is with out power! not a problem as i bought a kipor ig 2000 (or i thought ) so could provide my own power,
so out came geni, did the usual but forgot to switch to run from start problem was it cut out and would not start again mmm not good so can anyone help what can i do or what have i done !!!

carl

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Quite possibly flooded / and or fouled the plug. Take the plug out and give it a clean.

Good luck

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sounds like the sparkplug is fouled.

if you took the suppied tools with you simply remove the plug and clean as best as you can with a rag and a drop of petrol, assuming you dont have a wire brush. allow to dry for a few minutes.

while the plug is out, secure the plug lead out of the way and with the ign switched off, pull the starter cord a few times to remove any fuel in the cylinder.

refit the plug and try to start with the choke (start) position.

only try once or twice and if it doesnt try to start try it without choke a few times until it fires.....if it starts then stops put the choke on and try again.

should start ok.

if you havent got a plug spanner then close the filler cap vent, leave the choke off , ignition switch on and keep pulling the cord. it may fire once the excess fuel has been removed.

if it starts dont forget to open the cap vent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
in your position I would take out spark plug and dry and heat on the gas stove, then refit and restart while plug is still hot.
good luck
Nigel & Pamala

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
With my (smaller) Kipor (1000) I sometimes found that even after cleaning and drying a clogged spark plug it wouldn't start but the moment I put in a new one it fired first time.
I also found out that if the oil ran a touch low the genny would fire up and then just die.
And then I found that if I overfilled with petrol it didn't like it.
Armed with these experiences it has been trouble free for over a year nowN

Tiderus

Free Member
May 2, 2008
Tywyn, West Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Twelve years
Hi Carl. Iv'e had the same problem with my Kippor. Don't know if you have to blow down and pressurize the petrol tank after refilling, to get it to start. But as mine starts, runs till I stop, then doesn't again till its cold. Being at the Peterborough show I asked a guy there who services generators. He said its a common problem and needs the carb cleaning, he'd do it for £35. A friend worked in a lawnmower center in the servicing dept, he said most engines that won't start results from old fuel in the carb jets over winter. When you look through the jet it looks clear, but forms a deposit around the inside, thus reducing the jet diameter and effectiveness. The answer is always drain before storing them.
Rgd's G. :thumb

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
he'd do it for £35.

A guy I spoke to told me how to strip it and said if I wasn't happy then send it to him with a tenner.

I stripped it.

The only non obvious thing was to unscrew the stepper motor throttle, I'd have gone looking to unplug the wires deep in the bowels of the machine.

He said this is his "nice little earner" ever spring ( but he told me how to do it because I thought it was a warranty issue because it failed soon after I bought it - cheap Chinese petrol residue he said ).

He also told me to blow down the filler to prime the pump.

Planetgen

Free Member
Apr 29, 2009
Taunton
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi, dont know if you have got it sorted yet? If you are still stuck give my office a call tomorrow and some one will sort it for you. Make sure you mention motorhome fun!
Simon :Smile:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
If the cyl has flooded, oil will have been washed of the cyl wall. Before you replace the cleaned spark plug squirt a little oil into the cly toward the cyl wall. This will help to increase the compresion and help the piston to move easier on the cyl wall. This is a good strategy after the engine has been layed up over a long period. :thumb:

Pudseykeith

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
A guy I spoke to told me how to strip it and said if I wasn't happy then send it to him with a tenner.

I stripped it.

The only non obvious thing was to unscrew the stepper motor throttle, I'd have gone looking to unplug the wires deep in the bowels of the machine.

He said this is his "nice little earner" ever spring ( but he told me how to do it because I thought it was a warranty issue because it failed soon after I bought it - cheap Chinese petrol residue he said ).

He also told me to blow down the filler to prime the pump.

I must stop speed reading.
Read the first line as
"I guy told me how to strip and if I was'nt happy he would give me a tenner"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thought I was on the wrong forum for a mo.

Andy

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I must stop speed reading.
Read the first line as
"I guy told me how to strip and if I was'nt happy he would give me a tenner"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thought I was on the wrong forum for a mo.

Andy

that begs the question.. what other forum .. ? :roflmto:

do you mean the one that costs a tenner to post on ? .. :winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
that would be the forum where you post a helpful answer and some EXPERT then posts 4 pages of rubbish they found on the internet or in the technical library they surround themselves with and it is obvious to all they do not know ar@e from elbow hardhat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back