Hydraulic levelling or Semi Air (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2016
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ok so I am new to this but have driven 7.5T and lower vehicles all my life and am considering Semi Air on the rear of our Marlin 66 with a Ducato X244 chassis.

I am fairly certain this would improve the ride whilst on the road but;

The question is could I use semi air to firm up on site or would anyone have experience of retro fitted hydraulics as another option.

Just trying to please the long haired general.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
HI Martin

Semi air on the rear could be used to level up slightly on site but it will not firm up the suspension, there is a very new 4 channel VB active air system with electronically controlled dampers that will "lock out" and give a relatively stable and level experince on site But if you want the ultimate in levelling and stability you need the hydraulic system in my book.

Note I think that the full 4 channel active is only on the IVECO chassis at the moment and only on Morelo vans OE for the first year, after that others will catch up I'm sure.

Martin

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
HI Martin

Semi air on the rear could be used to level up slightly on site but it will not firm up the suspension, there is a very new 4 channel VB active air system with electronically controlled dampers that will "lock out" and give a relatively stable and level experince on site But if you want the ultimate in levelling and stability you need the hydraulic system in my book.

Note I think that the full 4 channel active is only on the IVECO chassis at the moment and only on Morelo vans OE for the first year, after that others will catch up I'm sure.

Martin
I have air bag assist on the rear (semi air ?) and it does "firm up" the rear suspension.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have air bag assist on the rear (semi air ?) and it does "firm up" the rear suspension.
Usually people report a better ride on the rear with air, but either way I doubt it would be firm enough for somebody who is thinking about hydraulic jacks.

Martin

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you are looking to stop the van moving about when parked up then you need EP jacking system,we have had VB semi air on rear to keep rear end up when towing and also had EP fitted works a treat a bit expensive though but if you can afford it well worth the money IMHO(y)
The air bags will firm up suspension but not stop van rocking about when parked up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MartinH
Aug 19, 2016
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks guys - guess that answers the question and drains the wallet at the same time :)

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Had ours done at Court conversions Tiverton ver good company excellent service.
Our price to supply and fit VB semi air will be £1,600 + VAT

Our price to supply and fit VB 2C full air will be £2,950 + VAT

We are still waiting for VB to confirm the weights and will advise as soon as this is received.

The cost to supply and fit E&P self levelling, which includes 4 x telescopic jacks, vehicle specific mounting brackets, pump assembly and flush mount control panel will be:-

£3,985 + VAT

We will include a free remote control worth £153 + VAT.(y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We like our E&P levelling jacks

But we LOVE our VB air suspension
The improvement to ride quality and stability is amazing

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We are currently at AS-Airsuspension, near Warrington, where we have just had them fit both their air assisted rear suspension system and HTC hydraulic jacks.
This is the third moho to which we have had the AS system fitted and it definitely does stabilise the rear end during cornering and side winds.
An added bonus is that you can raise the back slightly to aid levelling on site or for ferry ramps.
I am more than happy to recommend Phil and Cath at AS for the service and products they provide.

Upvote 0

Viv Danks

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2017
Portskewett
Funster No
MH
Escape 684 & T6.1
Exp
Campervan since 2015 onwards - MH 2017-21
So my wife is disabled and on our new van we got semi air on the back and hydraulic jacks all round. Now we have a much more stable ride, 60 second remote controlled levelling, 10 Year warranty and dealt with really nice people. Glide-rite did it all for us at an excellent price. Now my wife can go anywhere safely in crosswinds and different load conditions, compensate for exit angles and set up with the touch of a button.

Best investment ever. :Grin:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back