Flag Of Origin - Poles on MoHo or Caravan (1 Viewer)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Do you proudly display your flag of origin? I see many Motorhomes and Caravans with flags on poles either national or regional and think, why? but also think why not? each to their own. So, do you do this and why?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Only at music festivals. A couple of flags, a duck spinner and led fairy lights because why not.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
At meets attending with our RVs we always used to fly the Stars and Stripes and the Indiana state flag where our Four Winds was produced.

Now we have a Hymer but don't fly a German flag :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DLT
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
No.

Despite being proud of being a citizen of the UK and equally proud of being a resident of Wales and also a very patriotic person.

I will stand and attempt to sing the UK National Anthem, I stand for the Welsh anthem but would not even try to do a 'John Redwood.'

Why I don't I'm not sure.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
St George flag, but not the Union flag.
Along with a FUN flag and RVOC owners club flag.
Only at shows though....makes it easier to find your van after a skinfull in the entertainment tents.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I don't fly a flag on a pole but I do collect small flags on our travels which are usually on the dashboard.
image.jpg

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
A Kent one,I need it to find my way back at shows,and rallies, all those white fridges parked in rows, bit like a dwarf getting lost in Curry's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
Don't have a flag but small saltire stickers front and back. went down well in France as I heard quite a few different nationalities/continental types remark along the lines of "They're OK they're Scottish, they voted to stay in"

Despite that one passer by in a posh English accent suggested that i would be a happy Englishman after the football result of the previous evening. I politely pointed out the error of his ways, and he immediately claimed to be Welsh. Obviously a big fearty.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Given that half the continent is dominated by folks totally incapable of making their minds up about what nationality they are:-

• Belgians can't choose between being French, German or Walloon,
  • Alsace changes nationality every leap year, twice some years
  • the Swiss haven't the faintest idea whether they are German, Italian or French,
  • northern Spain wants independence from the rest,
  • Luxembourg exists somewhere in hyper space
  • the Algarve thinks it is self sufficient
  • Poland has more owners on the log book than Kim Kardashian's knickers (and that's a lot of previous owners)
  • the Germans have only just closed the door on their joint owners, the USSR
  • the Ukraine appears to be half Russian
  • Cyprus doesn't know whether it's national dish is a kebab or a Wimpy
  • And the Chines own half the continent of Europe anyway

I'm not sure any of them are in any position to remark on either of our own referendums

Funny thing is, I'm Welsh and pretend to be English. Who cares? I'm British and proud of it, even though I am (almost) dual nationality

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a Dorset flag and a Yamaha one.....mainly to help us find the van amongst all the other white boxes. Made more difficult after a few sherberts ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back