Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Can anyone recommend a site that will be open in November, near to the NEC in Birmingham. We are going to the Food Show and need to stay nearby. Thank you.
Venita

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Chapel Lane Caravan Club site.

Excellent site. NEC nine miles away

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Agreed - we stayed there when we went to the Caravan & Motorhome Show just over a year ago. If you can't get in there try Warwick Racecourse CC site, we stayed there for the Show in 2006.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User

I would second that .You can also get a Taxi from the Campsite gates into the village , and there is a very nice pub there which makes an excellent carvery:thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, when I went to the caravan and m/home show there a few weeks ago, arrived early sat morning, and asked security at car park if it was ok to stay overnight.
He said not supposed to, but people do and they turn a blind eye.
He also said that the barriers to the car parks were locked down at 7.30 pm,
so you would have to stay the night :ROFLMAO:

S.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Sites near NEC

We went to the Caravan and Motorhome show and were booked in at tha CClub site Thursday and Friday nights, we arrived about 1.00am in the morning on the Thursday after a slow drive down and were directed by the security into a lay-by. But they did want to check our tickets first so not all security guards are layed back it is probably the luck of the draw

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Site near NEC

We went to the Caravan and Motorhome show and were booked in at tha CClub site Thursday and Friday nights, we arrived about 1.00am in the morning on the Thursday after a slow drive down and were directed by the security into a lay-by. But they did want to check our tickets first so not all security guards are layed back it is probably the luck of the draw

Hi, just to clarify, I parked up in one of the main car parks that the general public uses.

I was too late to book the site, and thought that it was a bit dear, what with fuel and entrance fee on top for a day out!

S.

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Can anyone recommend a site that will be open in November, near to the NEC in Birmingham. We are going to the Food Show and need to stay nearby. Thank you.
Venita

Hollyfast caravan park,

Nice quiet site just stayed there on Friday night
vodafone dongle 3g+,
close to the NEC
Part of a rv and motorhome sales and repair buisness with plenty of pitches

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Anybody know of a cheap or free place to stay within about 10 miles of the NEC? Thinking of going to the International Motorcycle show at the end of the month. Car parking for this is £8 :Eeek: if we can park up somewhere close we can ride in on our motorcycle as the parking is free :thumb:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Parking NEC

We did see a Motorhome parked up on our way into the NEC as we followed the road signs off the motorway it was on a piece of rough ground just past one of the roundabouts, I am sure someone will be along with the answer soon. There is a pub we passed on our way in , maybe they would let you park? Just depends how many others have the same idea- don,t know why they don,t have a campsite there they could make a fortune.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Anybody know of a cheap or free place to stay within about 10 miles of the NEC? Thinking of going to the International Motorcycle show at the end of the month. Car parking for this is £8 :Eeek: if we can park up somewhere close we can ride in on our motorcycle as the parking is free :thumb:

I parked for the M/home show in E1 car park in the Paddock area behind a row of trees , the Traffic Officer I spoke to after the first night knew we had camped there and advised us to stay in the paddock area if we were considering any further nights , oh and it is covered by cctv . I have also stayed here in the past for various car shows and concerts with no problems from the Security but it can get pretty lonely , and sometimes there are some weird folk wondering around in the night but these have always been dealt with Security when we have been there :thumb:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
They do have a 'campsite' run by the caravan club when there are motorhome/caravan shows on but they are expensive considering that it's only a car park.

Not sure if they will let me stay in one car park if they are charging £8 to park a car in the car park for the show.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Site near NEC

They do have a 'campsite' run by the caravan club when there are motorhome/caravan shows on but they are expensive considering that it's only a car park.

Not sure if they will let me stay in one car park if they are charging £8 to park a car in the car park for the show.

What's the worse they can do - Clap you in irons? Tow you away? :ROFLMAO:

You could say that you have had a drink and am unsafe to drive :drink::drink:
S.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
They could clamp it while I'm in the show then charge a fortune to get it removed. :cry:

OP
OP
V

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi folks,
thanks for all the info. We stayed at Kingsbury Water Park and travelled in to the NEC.Lovely site and very welcoming owners. Had to pay £8.00 for the car park. We have tried to stay in the car park in the past and have been evicted by the security guards so we didnt take the risk.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
We are planning to go to the motorcycle show on Thursday, worked out it's cheaper for us to go by train. We only have to walk about half a mile to the local station & it works out almost a tenner cheaper, thats my bit for the environment done:thumb: + I can sleep on the way down something that can be dangerous while I'm driving :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back