Drain and refill my Alde 3010 system help please? (1 Viewer)

m0bnd

Free Member
Oct 2, 2016
Weymouth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all.

I'm really struggling to find a place to drain the antifreeze from my system!
I have taken photos of what I think is all parts of my system. I just cannot find a drain plug as other people have on their caravans elsewhere!
Do I need to get this done with the official Alde service pump system?
Thanks for any help.

Andy.

Attachments

• under header.JPG
    under header.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 97
  • label.JPG
    label.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 98
  • blow off maybe.JPG
    blow off maybe.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 92
  • not sure.JPG
    not sure.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 88
  • pump 1.JPG
    pump 1.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 99
  • top 3.JPG
    top 3.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 90
  • drain hole 1.JPG
    drain hole 1.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 91
  • top 2.JPG
    top 2.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 100
  • header 1.JPG
    header 1.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 98
  • top 1.JPG
    top 1.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 97

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How long has it been in, does it need changing. I did ours as it was 10 years old and I don't think it had ever been done.

The drain on ours goes straight through the floor but your could well be different, so sorry can't really help.

Martin

OP
OP
m0bnd

m0bnd

Free Member
Oct 2, 2016
Weymouth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
How long has it been in, does it need changing. I did ours as it was 10 years old and I don't think it had ever been done.

The drain on ours goes straight through the floor but your could well be different, so sorry can't really help.

Martin

We purchased the MH in December 2013 and the fluid has a life of 2 years so really needs replacing now. I have tubes that go through the floor but no valves/cocks to open to release any fluid.
I'm due a habitation check in November this year and have asked them for a price / check as I can't see any way of draining mine.

Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Never even considered draining/replacing ours.

Just keep an eye on the reservoir and top it up as and when/if it needs it.

Would you drain and replace the antifreeze in your car every two years? It's more or less the same substance.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We purchased the MH in December 2013 and the fluid has a life of 2 years so really needs replacing now.

What makes you think it was filled with brand new fluid when you purchased it?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I wouldn't be bothering at that age to be honest, when I did ours I thought it looked good as new but looks can be deceptive as course.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Alde G12++ purple stuff has a corrosion inhibiting lifespan of 5 yards according to their web site, any other G12++ spec for alluminuim systems should be the same.

What colour is yours.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Every picture except the one that counts.

The drains, yes drainS, are underneath.
When you find the short RUBBER tubes hanging down look at the ends, they have a brass plug in the end secured with a spring clip.
Ease the clip up the RUBBER pipe then pull out the plug.
They have more than one as the pipework isn't level, having high and low points.

Draining is easy....wait until you come to bleed the system, wear a tight fitting hat or you'll rip your hair out in frustration.
Took me three hours to bleed mine fully.
Oh, and my caravan system has eight (8) bleed valves and EVERY one needs bleeding.

Service agents have a special pump which draws out the fluid and fills fresh at the same time.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Who fitted the system? You have some copper pipe in it and Alde say that you must NEVER mix copper and aluminium (which is what your convectors will be) in their systems.

By the way you need to find some of the convectors, they will be hidden behind the furniture. The drain/bleed pipes will be near them - we have about 10 fitted in various place in our Hymer.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Who fitted the system? You have some copper pipe in it and Alde say that you must NEVER mix copper and aluminium (which is what your convectors will be) in their systems.

By the way you need to find some of the convectors, they will be hidden behind the furniture. The drain/bleed pipes will be near them - we have about 10 fitted in various place in our Hymer.
The copper pipe looks like the gas input, I can't see any copper pipes in the heating pipes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back