La Torretta Dogs and ACSI 2017 books (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hello all,

We are looking into spending winter over 2016 to 2017 in Spain, Portugal, etc.
We haven't gone over the years before in the past returning in Dec then going back out in Feb.
Firstly ACSI books how do folks go about getting next years book if abroad, expect to be in Spain from mid December to mid Jan, hopefully Benidorm (more on that later). Can you buy the books in Spain? Has anyone had them delivered to a campsite?

La Torretta Benidorm
We are looking at this campsite from mid Dec to mid Jan, it allows dogs but can't see if a limit as we have three.
Does anyone know if three are allowed?
It's close to the national park are dogs allowed to be walked in this area?
We stayed at Area Blanca last year for a couple of days and liked the location it was our first experience of Benidorm in a motorhome and was a good spot for exploring we think, but a but restrictive for the dogs, very small pitches and limited places to walk them.
As we would be looking at staying 30 days they would need good long walks, hopefully around the national park area we thought La Torretta might be more suitable than Area Blanc.
Tried to look/book online but it then default to Spanish so not exactly sure what is being asked. Nige has sent them an email but hopefully there might be someone who has personal experience?

Thank you

Lin :)

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Vicarious Books and ACSI will deliver to a campsite. I haven't had this but it can be done for an extra postage charge. I've found Vicarious more reliable and quicker for delivery in the UK, especially if you pre-order, I think in October. I know someone who ordered it to arrive at home in the UK and a relative posted it out. They could just send the Card as all the info is on the website.

I've bought the book in Spain a couple of times and there is a list of Spanish sales points on their website. They are usually available there (in English) from around the middle of December. Spain ACSI Sales Points

OP
OP

Deleted User
Vicarious Books and ACSI will deliver to a campsite. I haven't had this but it can be done for an extra postage charge. I've found Vicarious more reliable and quicker for delivery in the UK, especially if you pre-order, I think in October. I know someone who ordered it to arrive at home in the UK and a relative posted it out. They could just send the Card as all the info is on the website.

I've bought the book in Spain a couple of times and there is a list of Spanish sales points on their website. They are usually available there (in English) from around the middle of December. Spain ACSI Sales Points
Ah great idea, could get my brother to post us the card, thanks for that.
Vicarious books said to allow 21 days for airmail, so that might be an option if we book La Torretta.
I will check out the list of places selling in Spain too.

Thank you very much :)

Lin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The camping shop opposite El Raco were selling the Acsi books last winter, they were so popular that they had to reorder. They did say they will be selling them again, but I can check when we get there in the next few days.
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP

Deleted User
The camping shop opposite El Raco were selling the Acsi books last winter, they were so popular that they had to reorder. They did say they will be selling them again, but I can check when we get there in the next few days.
Cheers
Ed
That would be great Ed, thank you

Lin:)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
We ask Vicarious Books to post ours out to a campsite we know we'll be at because we set off for Spain before the first week in Decmeber, when the ACsi Guide comes out. Never had a problem this way.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We're sloping off over the delivery period so I sent ACSI an EMail asking if they had any alternatives for us to get the book and card abroad and they replied with a resounding "No"

You would think there would be some mechanism for doing it with all their customers 'bunking' off to warmer climes, but no.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi Lin and
Firstly ACSI books how do fo Can you buy the books in Spain? Has anyone had them delivered to a campsite?

La Torretta Benidorm Does anyone know if three are allowed?
It's close to the national park are dogs allowed to be walked in this area? :)

Hi Lin, nice to hear we might see you and Nigel in Benidorm later this or next year! We had our first Winter there last/this year and are heading back out again in a few weeks time.
As Ed has said, the camping shop opposite El Raco sells the ACSI books...in all language versions and at the same price as from Vacarious! But we heard that many other similar Spanish camping shops had copies. Be wary of having the book sent out as if mail is collected from reception (as at Raco) from a pigeon hole box thingy as we did hear that some went missing as the package was recognised by some undesirable folk! Just having someone send out the card is perhaps a better idea.

Can't comment on the dog numbers limit at Torreta, but El Raco also permits dogs, not aware of any limit there either but you could always drop them an email info@campingraco.com. They're pretty good at getting back to you. Nice big pitches also, fully plumbed in and with TV from EHU
at €14.72 night for the Winter rate includes 2kw electric per day.

Not sure about where the National Park area you're talking about is? If it's Serra Galada area where I've dropped a pin on Google Earth, I cycled and walked up there a few times and saw folk walking dogs. The map makes it look quite close :rolleyes:...but it's an uphill walk, gradual through the urban area and then steeper in the hills. Nice though...and your both younger and fitter than we are! As you can see...it's nearer El Raco than La Toretta ;).

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 05.50.51.jpg

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Cheers
Ed
They are still selling them now
Alan

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi Lin and

Hi Lin, nice to hear we might see you and Nigel in Benidorm later this or next year! We had our first Winter there last/this year and are heading back out again in a few weeks time.
As Ed has said, the camping shop opposite El Raco sells the ACSI books...in all language versions and at the same price as from Vacarious! But we heard that many other similar Spanish camping shops had copies. Be wary of having the book sent out as if mail is collected from reception (as at Raco) from a pigeon hole box thingy as we did hear that some went missing as the package was recognised by some undesirable folk! Just having someone send out the card is perhaps a better idea.

Can't comment on the dog numbers limit at Torreta, but El Raco also permits dogs, not aware of any limit there either but you could always drop them an email info@campingraco.com. They're pretty good at getting back to you. Nice big pitches also, fully plumbed in and with TV from EHU
at €14.72 night for the Winter rate includes 2kw electric per day.

Not sure about where the National Park area you're talking about is? If it's Serra Galada area where I've dropped a pin on Google Earth, I cycled and walked up there a few times and saw folk walking dogs. The map makes it look quite close :rolleyes:...but it's an uphill walk, gradual through the urban area and then steeper in the hills. Nice though...and your both younger and fitter than we are! As you can see...it's nearer El Raco than La Toretta ;).

View attachment 126003
Hi,
I've set Nige off researching the areas and El Raco, will drop them an email about the number of dogs allowed.
Yes we are looking forward to some Benidorm fun and sun, tried a couple of days after Benicarlo last year, weather was very cold and windy, but I don't think that was typical, just our bad luck, certainly want to try again for longer.
The dogs restrict us and Area Blanca pitches were certainly too small for us all, El Ranco sounds more suitable :)
Don't know about being fit lol, Nige maybe, but not me at the moment, but having got some medical stuff and surgery out of the way I'm looking forward to get out and about more, so maybe a daily trek into the hills will be in order, balance out the evenings food and drinking :D
Hopefully catch up with you both.

OP
OP

Deleted User
The man says 2017 Acsi books due in shop opposite Raco end November early December at normal price €15.95
Cheers
Ed
Thank you Ed,
I wont order any in Uk then will aim to get from Benidorm.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well thanks to @Dave and Ginny we have deciphered El Raco costs, they come in at 22 euros a night as the dogs are welcome but are charged per dog, so for us with the three it's working out a bit expensive.
Email from La Torrents says they don't take advanced bookings until a week before arrival, but the dogs are all welcome, didn't say the cost though so some more investigation required.
Edit, it wasn't La Torretta, but a site nr Mazzaron! Nige got confused

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I have just been looking at La Torretta web site and thought you could book in advance (i could be wrong)

OP
OP

Deleted User
I have just been looking at La Torretta web site and thought you could book in advance (i could be wrong)
Hi yes there is a booking online of sorts we tried this but it defaulted Spanish, so figured would try email.
Nige has just informed me it wasn't La Torrenta that just replied but a site at Mazzaron!!!
So still waiting on reply from La Torrenta, men! He's tried the online again and we think its about 18 euro a night including dogs, hopefully they will confirm via email.

Lin :D

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well La Torretta haven't replied to any emails so looks like they are out.
Arena Blanca have come in a 16 euros, so looks like might have to stick with them, it was a nice site & location last year maybe we will get a bigger pitch this time as staying 3 weeks.
Aiming to go to Benicarlo for Xmas & New year, with a few weeks at Mazzaron after that.
Staying at sites we have used in the past but for 3-4 weeks each, oldest dog Biskit is slowing down a lot, not sure she could handle the usual 9 countries in 12 weeks!

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Glad you got sorted Lin, I take it that's the ACSI rate at Arena Blanca? Although I can't complain at a quick reply to our emails from El Raco and easy enough booking over the phone, they are all so spoilt with demand that customer service goes a bit out of the window! We stayed at Arena Blanca a couple of years ago shortly after Benicarlo and thought it was good but we were lucky to get a good pitch. 1 euro a pint in the bar impressed me as well! See you in Beni (y).

OP
OP

Deleted User
Glad you got sorted Lin, I take it that's the ACSI rate at Arena Blanca? Although I can't complain at a quick reply to our emails from El Raco and easy enough booking over the phone, they are all so spoilt with demand that customer service goes a bit out of the window! We stayed at Arena Blanca a couple of years ago shortly after Benicarlo and thought it was good but we were lucky to get a good pitch. 1 euro a pint in the bar impressed me as well! See you in Beni (y).
Yes hopefully will get a bigger pitch than last time :) El Raco, does sound great, if it wasn't the extra cost for the dogs would have gone for them. Only trying three weeks in Benidorm as concerned about exercising the dogs, the younger two will happily go off for miles, but Biskit is slowing down, so a mountain hike might be a bit much. Hopefully catch up whilst we are there, enjoy the sunshine :):)
Not sure if ACSI or not forgot to mention it on first email, paying a deposit tomorrow via post office as it seems cheapest way, I'm sure they can fine tune the rate once we arrive if necessary :)

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @Milliemobile, a couple of years ago we set off in December and had the same issue with the ASCI card. We phoned them and asked the best way to obtain. They informed us the books would be in their UK shop by the time we sailed just not ready to distribute but as their shop is only a few miles away from Dover we could collect. Might be worth giving them a call and seeing if you can collect...thats if you are planning to sail from Dover.
Good luck with the dogs, our two love long walks too.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I booked la torretta through the online booking form which amazingly came up in english after a few defaults to Spanish.
Reception lady at La torretta rang me and said that credit card payment maybe wouldn't go through as it was a Sunday but that my booking was safe but she would leave it till Wednesday just in case when she would ring me again.
I had an email yesterday telling me my payment had been accepted.
They reply quickly to emails in my experience.
I'm going to buy an acsi book there as I waited 2 weeks after Christmas for my book to be delivered there at La torretta and paid more for it due to the postage to Spain. As well as the extra 2 weeks at €15 a night.

OP
OP

Deleted User
I booked la torretta through the online booking form which amazingly came up in english after a few defaults to Spanish.
Reception lady at La torretta rang me and said that credit card payment maybe wouldn't go through as it was a Sunday but that my booking was safe but she would leave it till Wednesday just in case when she would ring me again.
I had an email yesterday telling me my payment had been accepted.
They reply quickly to emails in my experience.
I'm going to buy an acsi book there as I waited 2 weeks after Christmas for my book to be delivered there at La torretta and paid more for it due to the postage to Spain. As well as the extra 2 weeks at €15 a night.
We have booked Arena Blanca now, never did get a reply from La Torrentta :(
We only have phone for internet which doesn't always work great for some website set ups. We have stayed at Arena Blanca before, so at least know what we are getting, will have a nosey around the other sites whilst we are there get a better idea for future trips. Yes we are going to buy the book there too, seems like the best way.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi @Milliemobile, a couple of years ago we set off in December and had the same issue with the ASCI card. We phoned them and asked the best way to obtain. They informed us the books would be in their UK shop by the time we sailed just not ready to distribute but as their shop is only a few miles away from Dover we could collect. Might be worth giving them a call and seeing if you can collect...thats if you are planning to sail from Dover.
Good luck with the dogs, our two love long walks too.
Thanks for the info, we are travelling early Nov, so might be too early to collect on route, we always take Tunnel as it's easier with the dogs and use up our Tesco vouchers :D. Looks as though we will be able to buy a book in Beni fairly easily.

Edit just had a quick look at your blog, looks great have saved to favourites to read fully :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back