No more MH parking at Seacroft Road, Mablethorpe (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I had an e-mail this evening from (now read only) Funster Chris (freelanderuk) telling me that height barriers have been erected at Seacroft Road as a result of traveller incursion.

Further research turned up a Mablethorpe Equality Analysis report linked from the Link Removed on the council's web site which identifies that traveller incursion is not the only reason. The abuse also included people in motor homes staying overnight.

The report does also say that they will make alternative parking "available at other locations that are not as centrally located as those foreshore car parks affected by the proposals" but where that is remains to be seen. I've asked the council to let me know.

It's worth pointing out to those who say "there was no sign saying overnight sleeping was banned" that this is the sort of thing that can happen. As a result (partially) of abuse by motorhomers, no motorhomes can now use that car park even during the day.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I had an e-mail this evening from (now read only) Funster Chris (freelanderuk) telling me that height barriers have been erected at Seacroft Road as a result of traveller incursion.

Further research turned up a Mablethorpe Equality Analysis report linked from the Link Removed on the council's web site which identifies that traveller incursion is not the only reason. The abuse also included people in motor homes staying overnight.

The report does also say that they will make alternative parking "available at other locations that are not as centrally located as those foreshore car parks affected by the proposals" but where that is remains to be seen. I've asked the council to let me know.

It's worth pointing out to those who say "there was no sign saying overnight sleeping was banned" that this is the sort of thing that can happen. As a result (partially) of abuse by motorhomers, no motorhomes can now use that car park even during the day.
It is a common factor but it is never anyone's fault. Good business if you are a hight barrier erector.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Wouldn't it be better to fine the culprits rather than punish the innocent?
The report I mentioned discusses a number of options with the pros and cons of various options. The alternatives were "deemed to be less appropriate than the proposed solution due to their cost implications and their ability to effectively prevent the misuse.".
Councils have to look at the overall public interest and, whilst barriers might "punish" innocent motorhomers, the alternatives would "punish" people in general by both taking more out of their pockets and being less effective in solving the problem.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've had a reply from East Lindsey Council already and the situation isn't as bad as it might have been.
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that whilst height barriers have been erected in the Seacroft Car Park in Mablethorpe, the car park has been separated and redesigned to still accommodate coach and motorhome parking in the usual area. This is now accessed from what was the exit.
Good to see that they have been as flexible as possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back