Hymer CL construction (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I'm a bit confused with my 552CL (Ford Chassis). It has a built in TV and there are various cables (triple cable is red, black and yellow) for sound etc in the cabinet which disappear through the wardrobe under the bed then into the floor, I've since found them in the cab part going up into the dash area.

Is the floor insulated ?? and/or in two parts as I cannot see how these cables get from the wardrobe to the cab, they don't appear under the vehicle floor (outside). When I've connected these cables to the TV nothing seems to happen so not sure what they are for.

Any ideas anyone ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Black and red are left and right audio yellow video to connect the TV to your head unit (cab stereo). The audio will be a feed from the TV so you get good quality audio via head unit and the video will be a feed from the head unit so when you play DVD's you view them on the TV screen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I am not familiar with the Hymer technical side of things, but if you have to use your cab audio head unit, then presumably your cab battery will be used in the process. Just be aware that if this is the case, this could mean an additional drain on your starter battery.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am not familiar with the Hymer technical side of things, but if you have to use your cab audio head unit, then presumably your cab battery will be used in the process. Just be aware that if this is the case, this could mean an additional drain on your starter battery.
Not if its wired to the hab battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back