Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Decided to head to Silves today and we are very surprised to find the new aire (nearest the town) closed for business.

There's about 10 vans parked up in the car park (previously known as freeloading HQ ;) ), so we've joined them for the night and we will see what happens.

Does anyone know why they've closed it?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Am sure my man in Portugal will be along shortly with the answer :).

With his Magic powers should be up and running again soon. :notworthy2: :rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Afraid I am in my summer quarters at the moment, 450 kms from Silves, but will get onto my people asap.

Alternatively Ven could send Dave (or Les) the few yards to the Tourist Information Centre and ask them...

Sorry for delay in responding but I have been up and down the motorway on Magic Festival Artists Delivery To Airport Duties.

JJ :cool:

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Sorry for delay in responding but I have been up and down the motorway on Magic Festival Artists Delivery To Airport Duties.

Couldn't you just wave your magic wand and SHAZAM! :whistle:

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks

They had a delivery of pipe today, maybe they are going to do some work before the winter season kicks off. They do not appear to be moving anyone off the other car park on a daily basis but I'm sure they will if people stay too long.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Decided to head to Silves today and we are very surprised to find the new aire (nearest the town) closed for business.

There's about 10 vans parked up in the car park (previously known as freeloading HQ ;) ), so we've joined them for the night and we will see what happens.

Which one is this, as we are planning a stop in Silves next month?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We was coming down there today . But went on to a small site further along the coast. If it is still closed we , That is Teknik155 and his wife liz , And Rose and me Might go up to Pedros At the weekend. We hope you all find somewhere to stay.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It's the town one near the swimming pool. The AlvorMotorhomepark past Continente is still open. Apparently the other one should be open for the main winter season.
Probably like San Antonio at Altea, shut till end of September, then you cannot get in cos its full!

Stevang

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp

It's now open it's free for now as still not finished will have electric hook up showers and washing machine, great guy who runs it saying it's going to be 5€ when up and running

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Thanks for that. We are coming over next year. We hope there will be room for us.

Stevang

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
Forgot to mention great wifi large area will be a bit packed it the way they have marked it out
Though this could change nothing is permanent at the moment

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Update (as of today) re the above Aire at Silves.
The 'new' Aire next to the swimming pool is open for business. As of today they have not got any lecky. The owner? told me that it will be switched on in the next few days.
ATM Prices, 5€ per day with a free 2 days per one week stay.ie €25 for the first week. It is proposed that there will be a 2.50€ charge per day for lecky when it arrives.

In addition, the Alvarve Aire nr. to Continente supermarket is charging 7€ for first night but that reduces to 6€ thereafter (including the first night, ie 18€ for three days. There is a charge of 2.50€ for lecky and the showers are 50 cents for 5 mins..

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Further update from your roving reporter in Silves.

I apologise and prostate (sic) myself as I have been giving info. that, whilst accurate for now, will cease to be so next week.

As of the 1st December the lecky charge at Algarve Motorhome park (next to Continente) will be 3.00€ per day, up from 2.50 at present.

The good news and ssshhhhh. I don't want this shouting from the rooftops. The decreed amperage at the site is 6 amps. This is blatantly a loads of codswallop.

Two nights ago SWMBO managed to have the water on at 900 watts, the microwave on at 800 watts AND the kettle at 1Kw. Since then I have tried to blow the fuse since then and failed miserably.

As previously stated, keep the above under your hat (or other place)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I managed to blow it on that site. By putting a electric kettle. and a hotplate at the same time. That was in oct this year . @emmitdb

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I think my hotplate is quite old. Not as old as the van. But getting that way. @emmitdb

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The new "aire" in Silves, on the other side of the hedge to the carpark, is now open again.

€5 per night, but book 7 nights and get two of them free.

€25 a week makes it more affordable than the Marina at Portimão/Praia da Rocha.

Water included but electricity extra.

My people tell me they have a washing machine there now too.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The new "aire" in Silves, on the other side of the hedge to the carpark, is now open again.

€5 per night, but book 7 nights and get two of them free.

€25 a week makes it more affordable than the Marina at Portimão/Praia da Rocha.

Water included but electricity extra.

My people tell me they have a washing machine there now too.

The Electric is extra.
When it arrives it will still be extra but it ain't got there yet.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am a rufty tufty motorhomer... don't need electric hook up... electric hook ups are for Woosies.

or those with a medical need

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back