Tomtom window sticker (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have a tomtom window sucker/sticker for my tom tom, but it is always falling off after about 10 days!

Has any one come up with a cure for this problem?

Doug...

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I had that...

I cleaned the window where the suction cup goes with meths.
Cleaned the suction cup with soapy water, rinsed well and dried it with something lint free (clean tea towel, clean hanky).
When everything was dry, made sure the suction cup was pressed firmly against the window and then flicked the lever.

If the window gets warm, the bit of air still trapped between the cup and the window will expand and reduce the amount of suck, so I suppose you should do all the above on a hot sunny day. Hmm! better do it in Spain then. ::bigsmile:

John

dsno

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Funster No
Add a bit of lick

I agree that the surfaces have to clean, but then you have to moisten the rubber seal on the TT bracket, ours has been on for months with no problem. If by chance you have a Fiat cab with the map holder in the centre, then a plate trapped by the map clip, with the TT bracket fied to the plate brings it much closer to you, than being on the w'screen, also easier to dismount when parked. hope this makes sence and helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dead easy.....

as any kid with a bow and sucker arrows knows.....lick and stick.

mines been on for weeks now and its a BIG, HEAVY tomtom.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
dead easy.....

Must agree first thing I learnt with suckers you cant beat a good lick.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Bursted

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have a tomtom window sucker/sticker for my tom tom, but it is always falling off after about 10 days!

Has any one come up with a cure for this problem?

Doug...

If you have a std Ducato, turn the sucker upside down and clip it to the paper holder thingy on the dash, works fine for me:Smile:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
I cleaned the window where the suction cup goes with meths.
Cleaned the suction cup with soapy water, rinsed well and dried it with something lint free (clean tea towel, clean hanky).
When everything was dry, made sure the suction cup was pressed firmly against the window and then flicked the lever.

If the window gets warm, the bit of air still trapped between the cup and the window will expand and reduce the amount of suck, so I suppose you should do all the above on a hot sunny day. Hmm! better do it in Spain then. ::bigsmile:

John

No leaver, it's just a push fit.

Doug...

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
dead easy.....

If that's the best you can do you should not have bothered, but thanks anyway.

Doug..

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I have super glued an old CD to the plastic cup which you fasten to the window and clipped this under the lift up Map/note reader on the dash works fine.:thumb:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
I have super glued an old CD to the plastic cup which you fasten to the window and clipped this under the lift up Map/note reader on the dash works fine.:thumb:

Yes I have thought of using superglue, but if it does not work will I be left with marks on the windscreen that can't be removed.

The position on the lift up map holder does not appeal to me.

Doug...

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,
I heard all sorts of horror stories when I was in the market for a Sat Nav. It revolved around toerags being able to see the sucker marks and working out there was a sat nav on board.
(Pity they can't use their observational skills to an honest use!)
However, my Sat Nav (A Becker ) came with a plastic disc similar in size to those seals for the tops of cans. I got a mate who is a wood turner to turn me a can shaped piece of wood that EXACTLY fits into the cup holder at the front of my chariot.
Glueing the plastic disc to the top was simplicity itself and the Sat Nav cradle sucker is put on top of the disc.
Its in my eyeline (just) and can easily be removed when parked without displaying any visible signs of its use.:thumb:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
The mount on my Garmin is as solid as a rock with it's lever lock. I know that this doesn't help much, but several 'aftermarket' mounts similar to the Garmin are available for the Tom Tom.

Here's one for less than a fiver!!

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back