Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Hi all, just wondering as I do from time to time, and especially when I arrive back home from a nice break with Mrs Flook!

We do not have any form of wind breaker to prevent the pesky wind from, well, being windy. So, I was left wondering what in your vast experience of motorhoming are the better or best wind breaks around, and of course why you consider them to be the best.

Flook

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We use the blue diamond 5&7pole windbreaks with metal tips and tops have found they are as good as anything.(y)

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Spev, is that what they are called, blue diamond 5&7pole? or go by another name?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
That may well be true DBK, but I prefer less wind chill.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, just wondering as I do from time to time, and especially when I arrive back home from a nice break with Mrs Flook!

We do not have any form of wind breaker to prevent the pesky wind from, well, being windy. So, I was left wondering what in your vast experience of motorhoming are the better or best wind breaks around, and of course why you consider them to be the best.

Flook
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/my-coveva-windbreak.137562/
You will get various reports from others about there own one but we love our Coveva. It is well made, sturdy, reasonably priced and takes twice so as long as the ringleader's one to put up so it must be better (y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have a 7 pole made by a company here in Cornwall. However!

I really don't like putting the damn thing up, to me anyway, it seems that although you are cutting off the wind, you are also sending a signal "THIS is mine!!! Keep out"
It could be just me I suppose

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
When we tented we used to put a wind break up as the opening of a tent fekt very exposed. It made a little front garden :). It was the stripy beach type with wooden poles. Worked in all weathers but we were on grass all then time so easy to hammer in.

When we moved over to caravan and motorhome we didn't feel the need for it. We still carry a small 4 pole one to aid the out door cooking but never used it.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We have the Jormax ones which have aluminium poles that you hit into the ground, no need for any tie ropes.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Flook

I think @Cal54 is selling some

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We have a 7 pole made by a company here in Cornwall. However!

I really don't like putting the damn thing up, to me anyway, it seems that although you are cutting off the wind, you are also sending a signal "THIS is mine!!! Keep out"
It could be just me I suppose
I don't care about that to be honest. We have more than one reason to like having the windbreak up and if someone thinks it shouts keep out then perhaps they are the type to drive through your pitch or continually walk past your hab door on the way to the toilet block.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Spev, is that what they are called, blue diamond 5&7pole? or go by another name?
Yes you can get them in either amount of poles we bought some that were on offer at Premier Motorhomes last year that were as good as blue diamond but a different name but if you google blue diamond wind breaks you'll come up with similar types as well.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Well you all could blow me down with a feather with your replies, I do not know who @Cal54 is, but I come up with some one on here, so a tad more info will help with that movan.

Her indoors has mentioned a name West something, she called to be precise, some West named thingy...:confused:, had me stumped as well, I do not know what a thingy or a whatsit is :think::madder:, maybe you guy's may know what she means...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I prefer the jormax windbreaks as they are easy to erect and rock solid in use. designed to be used to create a "garden" to contain dogs. we also have a couple of windbreaks with transparent window panels in, so you still get the views

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Wonder if its quest windbreaks

image.png

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jormax are the best Windbreaks. We've used ours for years and they really are great. No guy lines or support poles to trip over. Simple to erect and they stay up on the strongest winds. Not only that the tensioners keep them drum-skin tight and make them look good too. (y)

Last edited:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Totally agree with comment about 'this is mine keep out' BUT if you want to do a bit of cooking and having friends stop for a drink etc you really do need some kind of wind break. No point seating out being blown by the winds that seem to be part of our summer now.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Recently used my Jormax on the not so sunny sunny banks of Loch Lomond and after a night of strong winds, mine was the only Windbreak still upright. Slightly leaning but upright. All the rest were over or about to fall and of no use as a windbreak.:):)

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Seems Jormax is popular

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have had all the really expensive, rather posh types.. All now gone and replaced with yer hachuall cheapo beach shop things which work just as well and are put up a lot easier and quicker than all the others

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sorry I can't be of much help re wind breaks.

Never ever understood them...

When it is windy, I sit inside my very comfortable motorhome. ;)

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
seems fair enough JJ

That is good to know Jim, do you have any idea % discount?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry I can't be of much help re wind breaks.

Never ever understood them...

When it is windy, I sit inside my very comfortable motorhome. ;)

JJ :cool:

You bought another van then JJ ?;):D

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
AH!, another "Marmite" thread, Like "A" frames then, love `em or hate `em.

Me.? I have the love/hate relationship too. I respect the open site concept, until the next unit`s unleashed pooch, poops, just by the door!. But in this windy world it can be nice to be able to sit in the sunshine, without getting blown into the next Field!. (Lincoln last Saturday!!).

AND they do have the desired effect of stopping all the lazy ******* from tripping over the Awning guy ropes and claiming compensation!!

pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back