I watched Motorhome TV and saw a Burstner I like!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
There was a 10 minute slot on a Burstner Lyseo t744

I like the rear lounge and also i like the forward facing island bed motorhomes!

This motor home had a dinette lounge at the front which is on my tick list. There was also a L shaped rear lounge. The island bed dropped down over the lounge seats. Perfect for me, covers both options and its on a 7.5m length, (also in the tick list).

I rang up a couple of Burstner dealers they had not heard of the model and had no idea of price.

Does anyone know of a different model number that covers these options?

I'm going to the NEC and hoping to see one there.

But at least, I plan to order or buy by the end of October.. Getting closer now.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
It is a new model for 2017 and my local dealer has some models on order with details on website emmbee motorhome
Gary and Janet

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I saw that programme and thought what a good layout very versitile. I was a bit wary of the 3.5T for the length and equip, so would check payload carefully. Maybe it can be uprated?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
If you go to the Burstner website www.buerstner.com in the press section there are photo's and floorplans for the 2017 range - the Lyseo is not yet on the model finder section.
Cheers
Bill

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have a look at some German dealers websites German dealers care already getting 2917 models delivered, and if you decide to buy save yourself 10-15k.

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Thanks Lenny

I had a look at Burstner dealers in Germany but non list the Lyseo yet, (well the first 5 I looked at).

Do you know of any links to help me buy abroad?

Hopefully there may be some information at the NEC

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Yes, I like it although I thought is was a drop down island bed over the lounge. It goes to the top of the list though.

Just spoke to Emm-bee and they are around ÂŁ55k to 60k depending on options. Delivery April / May.

I take it that Burstner are a quality motorhome?

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I think you'll find there will be lovers and haters as there are with all brands.

I've recently taken delivery of our first MH that happens to be a Burstner Ixeo 680g and absolutely love it, ticks all the boxes for us and very pleased with the build quality. So personally would recommend Burstner.

It would certainly be worth your time and effort in going to the show at the NEC to compare all the models in one place, something my wife and I found extremely useful in our search earlier this year.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks Lenny

I had a look at Burstner dealers in Germany but non list the Lyseo yet, (well the first 5 I looked at).

Do you know of any links to help me buy abroad?

Hopefully there may be some information at the NEC
Link Removed all German dealers list on here.

Do a search for "importing" on Fun plenty of info.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Have a look at some German dealers websites German dealers care already getting 2917 models delivered, and if you decide to buy save yourself 10-15k.
Those 2917 models are brilliant, what with them being able to fly and hover on a pitch avoiding the need to level them. They still have damp problems if you fly them through asteroid showers though.......

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Those 2917 models are brilliant, what with them being able to fly and hover on a pitch avoiding the need to level them. They still have damp problems if you fly them through asteroid showers though.......
Don't think there is any wood in the construction since 2012 so probably OK unless you take them swimming.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes your quite correct, I'm waiting for the 2918 model where that's all sorted, I've not put a deposit down though, I'll wait till a bit nearer the time just to make sure I'm still around. (y)

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
We are on our second Burstner both from Emmbee current one being Ixeo 680g and very happy with build quality
Definitely visit NEC where most dealers will have salespeople on manufacturers stands so good to compare all different models and layouts, we ordered ours at last year's show ,went to buy a Rapido but the model we thought we wanted just didnt feel right but the Burstner Ixeo ticked all the boxes
Good luck in your search
Gary and Janet

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Don't think there is any wood in the construction since 2012 so probably OK unless you take them swimming.
No trees left in 2917. Everything is built of the most advanced carbon fibre honeycomb panels. Still held together with non-drying mastic and self tapping screws though.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No trees left in 2917. Everything is built of the most advanced carbon fibre honeycomb panels. Still held together with non-drying mastic and self tapping screws though.
I think your wrong about that Bob, it says in the 2916 brochure (just out) that they are now held together by static electricity generated by sitting on the brinylon upholstery. You must check on the site polarity when on hook up as some sites on the continent have live and neutral the wrong way round that could be disastrous. :reel: :rofl::rofl:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I think your wrong about that Bob, it says in the 2916 brochure (just out) that they are now held together by static electricity generated by sitting on the brinylon upholstery. You must check on the site polarity when on hook up as some sites on the continent have live and neutral the wrong way round that could be disastrous. :reel: :rofl::rofl:
Ah, progress at last. Now that Marquis own all the hoverhome dealers in the known universe their service has fallen way below the legendary high levels of customer satisfaction they provided in the 2010's so owners had started to worry that the ferrous wood screws of various lengths and sizes used everywhere that mastic wasn't visible might not last long when subjected to the intense weather experienced on Lunar Bailey or Swift Elddis. High Commander of the Universe Andy Harris XXII has issued an edict to say how pleased he is that at last, British hoverhome manufacturers have caught up with the Germanic Hymerzoom craftsmen who plied their crafts shortly before the Great Corbyn/Labour Party/my dads bigger than your dad War broke out 900 years ago.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back