Morphing into a Freeloader (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Campercontact 6479 La Pietra da Bismantova, Castelnovo né Monte, Emilia-Romagna, Italy this morning.

IMG_1749 (1408 x 1056).jpg
IMG_1750 (1408 x 1056).jpg
IMG_1752 (1408 x 1056).jpg

Sun just coming out and a bit hazy so pics not great but what a location:)

Back to ACSI sites on the coast for the weekend :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Your pictures remind me why we fell in love with Italy this year. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Have you stopped washing, wear the same clothes day after day with the obligatory food down the front and started going through supermarket skips yet?

If not, your nowhere near yet! lol

OP
OP

Deleted User
not only free, but taking up three places as well, you have learnt quickly :LOL:

stunning location (y)

thanks for sharing
We were the only ones there at night but is quite a busy place during the day, apparently the cliff face is very difficult and popular with rock climbers as well as walkers and people just coming up for the view, there are also 2 bar restaurants up there:)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Stunning location and photos!
Isn't that cliff where you throw the grey and toilet waste over ?!!;)

OP
OP

Deleted User
What a stunning location
Why return to the campsite?
You know you'll regret it

We are not really set up for more than one or two nights max off site or some form of hook up/shower as we don't use the shower in the van.

We drove down the SP63 to the coast today through the Apennines, what a stunning drive, I never realised from looking at the map what an impressive mountain range it is.The drive is not as daunting as the Stelvio Pass was, still lots of hairpins but not as tight or steep as the Stelvio, gave me time to take in the impressive views without driving over the edge:)

Now at ACSI site Valdeiva in Deiva Marina for 3 nights, couldn't afford the site you stayed on in Levanto, being Pobre Jubilados:) about €35/40 a night, still high season rates there according to there website!

There is a free bus into the town to catch the train so hopefully we will get to some of the Cinque Terre villages tomorrow.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Stunning location and photos!
Isn't that cliff where you throw the grey and toilet waste over ?!!;)

I hope not, it's a hell of a climb to get up there:)
Your pictures remind me why we fell in love with Italy this year. :)

I think we are doing the same, new language, new challenges keeps the brain active.........doing my best to stave off dementia:)

I have always loved the Italian way of life from what I have seen of it on the TV............except the manic driving, how can be laid back with everything else and then change into demons behind the wheel:)

Reactions: DBK

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Love the photos of the German towns all deserted then the photo of the beer tent !! That's where they all were!!:LOL:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We are not really set up for more than one or two nights max off site or some form of hook up/shower as we don't use the shower in the van.

We drove down the SP63 to the coast today through the Apennines, what a stunning drive, I never realised from looking at the map what an impressive mountain range it is.The drive is not as daunting as the Stelvio Pass was, still lots of hairpins but not as tight or steep as the Stelvio, gave me time to take in the impressive views without driving over the edge:)

Now at ACSI site Valdeiva in Deiva Marina for 3 nights, couldn't afford the site you stayed on in Levanto, being Pobre Jubilados:) about €35/40 a night, still high season rates there according to there website!

There is a free bus into the town to catch the train so hopefully we will get to some of the Cinque Terre villages tomorrow.
We stayed in Devia Marina too at the campsite as you enter the town - was very nice and cought the train to Cinque Terre.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Next week 3 nights after Lucca, not decided which site yet though.

Camping Michelangelo

Where we stayed, can't beat it for location though a B grade site. Not sure if they do MHs now. I can't find their own web site.

Florence is fantastic, very easy to overdose on culture or you can just walk around. The Campanile is a good challenge. We've not done the Duomo yet. Not done the Uffizi either, a bit too much culture for this old pleb. The Palace is good, as much for the gardens as the massive interior - look closely and spot the overhead corridor from the palace all the way to the Uffizi, built so Medici could walk there undisturbed.

Rome. Camping Tiber worked for us - train into Rome, many pickpocket attempts !! Forum + Colosseum are essential, you can feel Ceasar's presence there. But on the whole it's just a huge modern city.

Enjoy.

OP
OP

Deleted User
We stayed in Devia Marina too at the campsite as you enter the town - was very nice and cought the train to Cinque Terre.

I thought you had splashed the cash and stopped at Aqua Dolce in Levanto, or am I getting confused.......not an uncommon occurrence:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We were the only ones there at night but is quite a busy place during the day, apparently the cliff face is very difficult and popular with rock climbers as well as walkers and people just coming up for the view, there are also 2 bar restaurants up there:)

The parking was worth it just to get that photo (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I thought you had splashed the cash and stopped at Aqua Dolce in Levanto, or am I getting confused.......not an uncommon occurrence:)
Keep up man - We've been three times !!!!
First time Devia Marina
Second time we went to the camper stop at Monterosso 28319 (very nice spot with free shuttle into village

Third time we went to Levanto.

We don't normally 'do ' campsites, but the location of the site at Levanto is superb, and it's only a short walk to the town with all its restaurants and bars.
Expensive - but worth it!

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Camping Michelangelo

Where we stayed, can't beat it for location though a B grade site. Not sure if they do MHs now. I can't find their own web site.

Florence is fantastic, very easy to overdose on culture or you can just walk around. The Campanile is a good challenge. We've not done the Duomo yet. Not done the Uffizi either, a bit too much culture for this old pleb. The Palace is good, as much for the gardens as the massive interior - look closely and spot the overhead corridor from the palace all the way to the Uffizi, built so Medici could walk there undisturbed.

Rome. Camping Tiber worked for us - train into Rome, many pickpocket attempts !! Forum + Colosseum are essential, you can feel Ceasar's presence there. But on the whole it's just a huge modern city.

Enjoy.
don't forget if you are a pensioner and have ID to prove it most museums and the colleseum are free entry,

OP
OP

Deleted User
Keep up man - We've been three times !!!!
First time Devia Marina
Second time we went to the camper stop at Monterosso 28319 (very nice spot with free shuttle into village

Third time we went to Levanto.

We don't normally 'do ' campsites, but the location of the site at Levanto is superb, and it's only a short walk to the town with all its restaurants and bars.
Expensive - but worth it!

Being poor pensioners we don't do that many restaurants and bars:), limit it to once or twice a week if we find some nice not too expensive ones but will investigate Levanto tomorrow for prospective Sunday lunch.Train to Levanto and then on to the Cinque Terre villages, who knows we may even splash out on a meal or a beer or two:)

Cycled into Devia Marina this afternoon and not really impressed but the site is OK and serves it's purpose as a base for the weekend

OP
OP

Deleted User
Regretfully no longer.

Oh dear!...it has to be something special for us to pay to go inside:)

I think we may make a few exceptions in Florence and Rome but generally we look at Castles and Chateaux from the outside.

Good art galleries and museums we usually make an exception, but a lot in Spain are free on Sundays.......I'm not really tight but my Dad came from Yorkshire:)

I remember paying to go inside a castle at Beynac on the Dordogne years ago with the kids, guided tour in French, next to nothing in the place except some tatty old tapestry and a few bits of furniture, complete waste of money but looked good from the outside.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Being poor pensioners we don't do that many restaurants and bars:), limit it to once or twice a week if we find some nice not too expensive ones but will investigate Levanto tomorrow for prospective Sunday lunch.Train to Levanto and then on to the Cinque Terre villages, who knows we may even splash out on a meal or a beer or two:)

Cycled into Devia Marina this afternoon and not really impressed but the site is OK and serves it's purpose as a base for the weekend

If you do make it to Levanto there is a lovely little home made pasta shop, next to the ice cream parlour on the 'green' square near the sea front. They have loads of different types, all freshly made and only a couple of euros for a decent sized portion. It's ready to cook at home and some can be frozen
There is also a fantastic 'award winning' pizza restaurant, you'll find it on Tripadvisor - we had a great meal there and only about €5 or €6 from memory. You can eat in (on benches) the food is great and it's always busy.

image.png

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Would agree with paying to see the Colluseum - we queued for ages for tickets. Maybe you can buy online before you go. Got fed up being approached by touts outside.

I felt overwhelmed in Rome - there was just do much 'stuff'
We only stayed one day.
It's a busy, busy place
But the Collyseum was great. They had an English speaking guide, which helped to understand the site.

Pompei was good - walk round on your own. Plenty of space to explore.

Found Florence manic too - lots of beggsars and pick pockets

OP
OP

Deleted User
Would agree with paying to see the Colluseum - we queued for ages for tickets. Maybe you can buy online before you go. Got fed up being approached by touts outside.

I felt overwhelmed in Rome - there was just do much 'stuff'
We only stayed one day.
It's a busy, busy place
But the Collyseum was great. They had an English speaking guide, which helped to understand the site.

Pompei was good - walk round on your own. Plenty of space to explore.

Found Florence manic too - lots of beggsars and pick pockets

We are planning to do 2 days in Florence and Rome but if we find it too much we will change our plans, we much prefer the countryside and I do not think we will be revisiting cities in Italy so we are hoping to see as much as possible on this trip.

Next visit will be to more out of the way places.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back