XCSOURCE Tracker Vehicle Protection System (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Good morning All,
With my new investment due to be delievered soon i was looking at security, I have booked in for the Strikeback Alarm through Vanbitz and now looking at Vehicle Trackers, not for insurance purposes but mainly for my own piece of mind, I am about to order one of these: Amazon product ASIN B003XDN58K
Does anyone have any good or bad feedback please?

many thanks
Mark

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
As with most things you get what you pay for. It probably does what it claims to do but what are you really expecting for £16?

Just an idea, as you're going to Vanbitz anyway, why not get them to add a at the same time as the alarm?

That will give you, amongst other things, the peace of mind tracking ability that you want, it's a proven system and you will have the fantastic Vanbitz after sales support should you need it

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just ordered the same bit of kit, reviews look promising and if it does half of what it says it does then it will be fine by me. Time will tell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Different head unit but guessing the same will apply, found this question and answer on the Clarion site.

Q3

Can I connect several sources onto a VRX633R?

A3

Yes but you need a TV tuner (TTX7502/7503), CCA-389 connector and an MSS433 multi zone switcher.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Just ordered the same bit of kit, reviews look promising and if it does half of what it says it does then it will be fine by me. Time will tell.
Do you know that even the best trackers are now being blocked by thieves?

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I have one the same as that but it came direct from China at a lower price - don't know how they make a profit
Its worked OK for 6 months and was giving back correct information on position all over Germany and France with a Giff gaff sim.
As a basic tracker and my phone it does what I expect - I might even connect the other functions it provides at some time and I've got a key fob to arm it but not using that either.
Easy for a theif to jam I know but it gives me some peace of mind and for what it cost I'm happy.

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie

I shall remove it in the morning and place it in the bin.

Seriously though, nothing is full proof, fool proof yes but there is no perfect solution to most of these problems. However for £20 and very little effort and cost it seems more sensible to have than not.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Really?

Not all trackers use GSM to report in, some use dedicated communication satellites, designed to track where there is no GSM signal, at sea for example.

Allso a little cheap jammer will simply fail when going past a massively powerful mast

Our latest GSM Non Starter system have anti jam technology, if the unit senses a jamming device the unit will immobilise the vehicle, trigger the alarm system and send a message to the users that the GSM signal is being tampered with

And of course then, the system requires a message from the owners mobile phone before the Motorhome will start

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
And of course then, the system requires a message from the owners mobile phone before the Motorhome will start
As there are still a lot of areas in the UK that you cannot get a phone signal, is there another way your mobile can communicate to the "Non Starter" to arm or dis-arm it?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As there are still a lot of areas in the UK that you cannot get a phone signal, is there another way your mobile can communicate to the "Non Starter" to arm or dis-arm it?
There are always "ways" However the main function of the Non Starter is to prevent theft of the motorhome by stealing the keys.

For example my motorhome is sat outside my house, GSM immobilised so if some one breaks into my house and steals my keys and alarm fob they cannot start my motorhome.

When I go away on Friday afternoon and park outside Sainsbury's the keys and the fob will be in my pocket so I am not worried about key theft then, just a break in.

The latest Non Starters using roaming technology so will use any available network.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
My review of the product on Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B003XDN58K
50 of 50 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for Price - A load of tosh spoken about battery consumption!, 1 Mar. 2016
Verified Purchase(What is this?)

This review is from: XCSOURCE GPS Car Tracker with GPRS and Vehicle Theft Protection System (Electronics)
An amazing device for the price. Designed as a “swiss army knife” in technological terms, this product is a multi-purpose GPS tracker intended to provide vehicle protection at least equal to Thatcham 6 devices costing £450+ to have installed or, alternatively, to spy on your vehicle and occupants or otherwise to use as a text messenger for your home alarm. And it does all these very well indeed.

There are lots of reviews of this product flying about, some nonsensical and others excellent, so I will gloss over some of the heavier and perhaps contentious technical points in favour of functionality. Installation can be a 2 wire quick affair or can extend to switching off fuel, listening to conversations, etc, etc. I just needed to install a tracker to qualify for an £80 reduction in my motorhome insurance, so a quick but discrete installation, set the geofence mode by text (meaning it triggers if my vehicle is driven away) and the rest is handled by my existing on board alarm and immobiliser already fitted - and “job’s a good ‘un”.

It works, brilliantly. People don’t nick motorhomes for joy rides, they either steal the contents or take the whole vehicle for resale. I have professionally fitted alarms for the former and conventional factory fitted immobiliser/alarm for the latter. This unit complements those two alarms, and makes recovery of the vehicle a realistic prospect.

So, from functionality and value for money perspectives, this is a “must have” if you own a boat, a caravan or a motorhome. It is a handy aid if you are into playing spies and want to eavesdrop on someone’s conversation or know where the vehicle is. It is a useful add on to your alarm system at home, when you want to be sent a text if it is triggered and then listen in to make sure it’s not the cat that triggered it. It works, it is easy to install and it is cheaper than two packets of cigarettes or a couple of drinks down at the local.

I give this 5 stars and thoroughly recommend it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
@pappajohn has a tracker that does all the things that this thing does.
After trying the cheap Chinese copy rubbish I bought one that actually works with GPS and phone signal....a NANO 102...currently £39 + £10 hardwire kit though.
Just found out via email from the 'control centre' that after the 1st year there is an annual subscription of just £10 to use the GPS facility....but the text messaging service still works and includes GPS co-ords and a link to Google maps.
Only real difference is you can't follow in real time.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-GPS...evice-102-NANO-TK102-/111201679112?nav=SEARCH

Last edited:
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I think that the TK 102 above is made by the same company (the one referred to above is called the TK103), just branded differently and operated via the Rewire Security service/control centre. Having said that, it is a good product, as long as Rewire remain in business and the control centre remains usable of course

The Trackimo is probably the best I have seen of the small tracker products. £54 for the product, including one year roaming SIM and 3-4 day internal battery life. And if you can't hide one of these matchbox sized trackers in your M/H, then you really do have a problem. And the updates are at 1 minute intervals http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trackimo-...845053?hash=item281f8a3cbd:g:LnMAAOSw-KFXc5iT

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
I have done more or less the same, tried the £30 TK 103 copy from XCSource which works - but I can't really trust it for £30, & no support whatoever, so spoke to Rewire Security about their 103RS. They introduced me to another European range by Teltonika - so after looking through the options I settled on an FM1122 for £95 delivered. It's tiny & there is a lot more programming via PC to tailor it which they are helpjng me with. Am still playing with the settings but its very versatile. One tip though, the supplied payg sim card with a £5 credit devours test text messages at 19p each so I bought a bundle of unlimited texts for a month for £10.

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Often texts are free for a certain time or if you top up regularly if they are between the same network. I'm with giffgaff so fitted the same sim to the tracker, 3 months after topping up texts are free to other giffgaff numbers. It is set to auto top up once balance drops below £3 at which point texts become free again if it was more than 3 months since previous top up. So I started with £10 and free texts for 3 months then once it has used up £7 of credit it will auto top up and texts become free again and so the process repeats. £20-30 should be plenty for a year.

Barry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back