kodi tv (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Has anyone recently bought an andriod box or firestick pre-loaded that was good just looking at getting one

David

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We have a box, got it last Christmas.
Don't use it for TV, that's not its main purpose.
Good for box sets of things like Vikings, etc., also great for movies.
Most of the functions, movie search engines, karaoke, etc. come through Kodi as the carrier (for want of a better word).

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Got a few of the Amazon boxes / sticks.. Living room (box) firestick in kitchen, bedroom and 3 kids as well..
Works a treat :) used to have Android boxes but moved onto these and found them a lot better, plus there is a bit of back up for spare remotes or if they go faulty etc..

The only problem I have is that whenever I use one to watch football my team loose :(

Recently ITV HUB and Channel 4 have been added to the apps you can use so all the main catch up apps are there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
google is your friend for sideloading kodi onto a firestick box,i used adbfire,some debate as to which is best but works smooth for me also youtube to install a build that has everything you want in the way of tv, tv shows ,movies and sports.I personally use the paradox build.Auto updates etc etc.

john1953

Free Member
May 29, 2014
middlewich, cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
since 2007
We bought a Kodi box to connect to the TV , every conceivable thing you will ever want watch all free after purchasing the box, Also downloaded it onto PC ,works just the same, get all the new updates and addons off Facebook,
Box was £80 and we just buy new card for latest version of Kodi for £10 when available.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
There seems to be many versions of a "kodi" box. What type is recommended for normal tv?

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Looked into this, to try it out downloaded Mobdro to my phone. Easy to install and use, just works. Was put off Kodi by all the plugins.

Reactions: JJ

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
There seems to be many versions of a "kodi" box. What type is recommended for normal tv?
Kodi is just the software which can be downloaded onto most platforms ie Android, Apple. Its not really a Kodi box as such, just a receptacle for the program/app itself. Just think of the box as a mobile phone, all you are doing is downloading an app for the box just like you would with a phone.

Ps if you just want terrestrial tv, download the Filmon or Catchup tv apps on whatever box you buy.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
This video is a very simple guide for installing kodi onto a firestick - couldn't be easier and works better than my android box.
Just follow the video, pausing when necessary to catch up with typing - takes less than 15minutes(y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This video is a very simple guide for installing kodi onto a firestick - couldn't be easier and works better than my android box.
Just follow the video, pausing when necessary to catch up with typing - takes less than 15minutes(y)

As the last post was back in MAY.... I guess they might have sorted it by now (y) ;)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Tonka, don't change the Kodi, change the Team lol.
I got Amazon Fire Stick + Kodi, Briliant.
Even use in the MH when get good free wifi.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Tonka, don't change the Kodi, change the Team lol.
I got Amazon Fire Stick + Kodi, Briliant.
Even use in the MH when get good free wifi.

I have now upgraded. To a Sony 50" Android TV, everything on one remote and fast... Just like West Brom, on the way up. ;)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dose it have Kodi built in?

Not as standard but you load it just like any other android / Firestick.
The wife was always confused by the multiple remotes, so this is an all in one box solution. Ethernet connection so giving a better wired link, helping improve connection and speed.
It's a cast off from my son, he upgraded to android 4k...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back