Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
crystal palace
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, 6 Berth
Exp
most of my life. On and off.
My name is Andy. Im 64 an on the whole pretty harmless. Have only one person in the world Im scared of. The old woman. When I left to buy the present vehicle She said, "Get something small we can pop down the shops in". Is it possible to buy a second hand engine for a 93 Ducato?

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Wecome.
Might I suggest that you change your location in your profile, just a city / area will do rather than your address.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
My name is Andy. Im 64 an on the whole pretty harmless. Have only one person in the world Im scared of. The old woman. When I left to buy the present vehicle She said, "Get something small we can pop down the shops in". Is it possible to buy a second hand engine for a 93 Ducato?
is the crank ok or is that dameged ?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
In the distance passed have dropped the sump ,and renewed big end and main bearings ,bit of a fiddle but can be done .(no damage to crank though)
Good luck

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Which en gine is it? a 93 Ducato is the old Talbot Express so it could have a 2 litre petrol engine or a 1.9 diesel, or even a 2.5 diesel.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Neada to know CC is it 2.5TD 2.8Td
Wildbil

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Wecome.
Might I suggest that you change your location in your profile, just a city / area will do rather than your address.
I echo that!! If you post in the future that you are away on a trip, every low-life will know your house is empty!

OP
OP
S

sumolgeezer

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
crystal palace
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, 6 Berth
Exp
Sorry folks Ive tried to writethis a couple of times but my computer died. First, Thanks for your good advice about my address, Ive corrected that now (I think). The engine is the 1.9 Diesel Turbo model. 1993. Thats the bugger. If it was 95 on the engine mounting stays basicly the same. Ive dropped the sump pan but there is A KIND OF PLATE that half covers the big ends and one of them cant be got to at all. its knocking so badly that the crankshaft has to be scored. However I love my monster and intend to stand by her whatever is chucked at us. My old bus like my old woman is a bit tatty round the edges but shes brought me a great deal of happiness. its something you cant buy. (silly old fart)

OP
OP
S

sumolgeezer

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
crystal palace
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, 6 Berth
Exp
Sorry folks Ive tried to writethis a couple of times but my computer died. First, Thanks for your good advice about my address, Ive corrected that now (I think). The engine is the 1.9 Diesel Turbo model. 1993. Thats the bugger. If it was 95 on the engine mounting stays basicly the same. Ive dropped the sump pan but there is A KIND OF PLATE that half covers the big ends and one of them cant be got to at all. its knocking so badly that the crankshaft has to be scored. However I love my monster and intend to stand by her whatever is chucked at us. My old bus like my old woman is a bit tatty round the edges but shes brought me a great deal of happiness. its something you cant buy. (silly old fart)
How can I pay My subscription?

OP
OP
S

sumolgeezer

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
crystal palace
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, 6 Berth
Exp
20160719_174030.jpg

Attachments

• 20160730_195040.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as I recall the 1.9 diesel was the same as that used in many Peugeot cars of the same era

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
So many of those engines around mate,reckon you could find one from a crashed vehicle in a scrappy.
I had a 2000 Chausson with that engine and never pulled that well until I removed front part of the exhaust and fitted a free flowing air filter.Pulled like a train after that,well worth saving if you can,and of course the old woman too!! (y)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
How can I pay My subscription?
Hi, sumolgeezer. Great username. Scroll to the top of the page and, under the Motorhome Fun banner, there is a blue band of choices. Click on 'Subscribe'. Then scroll down to the yellow box and click on that.
Re the engine, there is a company less than 20 miles from you that may be able to help: -
http://www.remanufactured-engines.co.uk/?gclid=CPuVneiAm88CFWEq0wodT_0AnA

OP
OP
S

sumolgeezer

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
crystal palace
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, 6 Berth
Exp
DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0010.JPG our youngest daughter. Shes only One and she is almost as good as me at slobbing out on the U shaped. without being pissed!!!! Thanks Rob and Val an Revolver for their advice Ive followed it up an await a reply.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
However I love my monster and intend to stand by her whatever is chucked at us. My old bus like my old woman is a bit tatty round the edges but shes brought me a great deal of happiness. its something you cant buy. (silly old fart)
Hi Andy , do you have a name for you MH , you should have saying as you treat her so well :) , getting a new engine

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello and welcome@sumolgeezer you'll get loads of help and advice on here with a laugh and joke as well ENJOY:WelcomeFlag:

OP
OP
S

sumolgeezer

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
crystal palace
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, 6 Berth
Exp
Checked out rebuiltengines . They cn do it but for two grand !!!!! I cant even get a workshop manual. I think ive farted about for too long, Im just gonna get out there an get workin on her.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
surely you can get an engine manual online Andy ?
Also if you are on a budget , maybe a 2nd hand one from a breaker / scrap yard with some form of warranty would suit you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back