Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
We are considering buying a Hymer Exsis-i. The van layout ticks most of the boxes for us but are concerned about the rather clumsy arrangement for mounting the TV on a sliding bracket on a post which is located just inside the habitation door with a box on the floor for storing the TV monitor when not in use. Is this the only option for the TV and,if so, how does it work in practice? Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We took ours off and took the bracket out and repositioned the TV over the two passenger seats facing the front on the toilet/shower wall with the sky box etc in the cupboard above it works well there we have also removed the fixed table and use a collapsable one as it gives loads more room and gives a bit more payload.
You are right it is clumsy and the TV gathers dust and also if you want to use the hob you can't use the tv.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
That does sound a bit of a phaf. The ideal place would be on the opposite wall to the revered seats
I would be looking at mounting a folding TV bracket on the wall above the passenger seats.
Although there will be some work involved installing a socket and re-routing the wire aerial to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
That does sound a bit of a phaf. The ideal place would be on the opposite wall to the revered seats
I would be looking at mounting a folding TV bracket on the wall above the passenger seats.
Although there will be some work involved installing a socket and re-routing the wire aerial to it.
Not to much trouble and I used a fixed bracket as the wall is very thin so used strong Velcro which works really well and if you are buying new ou can ask for the cable inlets to be in cupboard above seats.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have the sliding bar but no storage box by the hab door. Initally thought is was a terrible place to have a tv but its fine. We make sure it is clamped away between uses. However we had to replace our tv with a slightly smaller one to fit the space.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We don't have an Exsis but have the same tv support system, although when not in use the set lives at the top with the arm resting in a bracket. ..... no storage box at base.

It's not the prettiest set-up but works well for us and if required the tv can be turned on the arm to be viewed from the rear twin beds.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Works fine on ours . It can be a bit fiddly but on the factory fit TV they group all the cables together with a cover so they neatly coil up when you put the TV away. Best thing for us us is it allows you to watch the TV from any of the seats or even the beds. I do understand though if you wouldn't normally put the TV away when not in use then it can be seen as a faff:)

Btw @Speve we find you can watch while the hob is being used if you swing the TV round in front of the habitation door.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Jenben all noted but still to much messing around where ours is now you don't need to touch or move it.
Just an aside it weighs a lot so have given ourselves a bit more payload as if we needed it!;)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Speve - yep I can understand it's a bit of messing about if you're both happy watching from the cab seats. I think the Hymer MLT models put the TV in that position as well ( though it retracts into a cupboard when not in use.).

Btw No worries on payload for us, we come in well under the limit fully loaded:)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Jenben although ours does not fit in a cupboard I have made a cover for it,as for payload we are much the same as yourselves when we get off to Spain we will be around 3900kg fully loaded for Four months trip it's nice to know there is spare capacity if needed.

Sep 30, 2014
Boston, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10 years
We've just bought a second hand Exsis-i 588, without the TV bracket. When we subsequently discovered by looking at a new van, what Hymer's solution is to "where do we put the telly", we were told that the parts cost over £800 plus VAT and that was still without the slider!!! We have also decided that on the wall above the seats is the best place for it. I have managed to get the mirror off the bathroom wall the other side so I can bolt through the wall with mushroom bolts and a bit of plywood to strengthen behind the bracket, and hopefully when I have done that, I will be able to get the mirror back on, but otherwise, at our age, there's far too much mirror in the bathroom anyway! Then all we need to do is get a 12V socket and an aerial point on that side of the van. In the meantime, long leads will do the job. I have to say, I think the whole thing is a badly thought through to start with. Actually, we're not that keen on the whole van, but we had to downsize for the big 70.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a similar sliding system in our Hymer B678. Our TV stays at the top position because it has an additional support braket there. We then slide it down when using it and swivel it to where we want it.

We were not sure at first but we like it now.

For those looking to buy spare parts or additional items the system is made by Novus Sky. Try searching Amazon as they are much cheaper than Hymer sell them for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back