LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Yes fitted it myself only one small 10mm hole to drill in the roof to get the cables through, you have to pass the small diameter signal cable through first and then the thicker control cable, the wiring was then routed through the cable trunking already in the wardrobe where I fitted the controller the 12 volt feed from the secondary leisure battery under the drivers seat, and there is also a ignition fed spare wire there for the safety feed wire that lowers the dish as soon as the ignition is switched on.
The mounting plate is fixed on with Sikoflex 252.
20151010_174359[1].jpg

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Many thanks Steve n Tracy for your prompt reply, I am not sure I have the necessary skill to tackle this job, so will probably look for someone who has. But thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regards DelMar.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
New 2017 Benimar spec now on Marquis site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ChrisL54

Free Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Hello there Benimar people,
we have just been fortunate enough to buy what I believe to be the first Mileo 264 to come onto the used motorhome market - wow, what a van, a great replacement for our Anthus LG!
Any other proud 264 owners out there - how are you finding the vehicle and are there any issues that you've noticed so far?

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
QUOTE="ChrisL54, post: 1963682, member: 44313"]Hello there Benimar people,
we have just been fortunate enough to buy what I believe to be the first Mileo 264 to come onto the used motorhome market - wow, what a van, a great replacement for our Anthus LG!
Any other proud 264 owners out there - how are you finding the vehicle and are there any issues that you've noticed so far?[/QUOTE]
Hi Chris ,congratulations on your new van hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy our Benimar,we have had ours for 7 months now and have proberly spent about a month away in it now and had no problems bar a slight issue with the spare tyre.(y)

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
My 286 is in today for warranty work, nothing major bathroom door bowing and one side skirt showing signs of gel coat cracking, Benimar were not interested first off but after taking more detailed photos and marquis's persistence parts are in and work now being done.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
I have just had an email from Marquis Leisure re my warranty claim with Benimar for six broken bed slats.
Benimar heve returned to work this week after a holiday shut down, so have now responded to my claim.
This is what I have been asked to do by Benimar via Marqis. " Would I measure the bed slats so they can complete the claim."
They built my MH, a 2016 Mileo 286 and they don't know the size of the slats and want me to tell them. They are having a laugh.

DelMar.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Hello Benimar people, hope you're enjoying your Mileos as much as we are. We're on our second 202, couldn't resist the 2016 upgrades. However, I have one problem which is with the operation of the sat nav. Our 2015, dash top model worked fine and without a hiccup. The current, integrated TomTom struggles to find satellites, almost, on every occasion. I'm having to program the thing whilst stationary to get it to work. Of course my question is, has anyone else suffered the same problem and have you managed to resolve it? TIA.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hello Benimar people, hope you're enjoying your Mileos as much as we are. We're on our second 202, couldn't resist the 2016 upgrades. However, I have one problem which is with the operation of the sat nav. Our 2015, dash top model worked fine and without a hiccup. The current, integrated TomTom struggles to find satellites, almost, on every occasion. I'm having to program the thing whilst stationary to get it to work. Of course my question is, has anyone else suffered the same problem and have you managed to resolve it? TIA.
No problems with finding satellites Ed on the tomtom in our mileo but found the maps so out off date that we don't use it anymore and bought a stand alone sat nav.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
No problems with finding satellites Ed on the tomtom in our mileo but found the maps so out off date that we don't use it anymore and bought a stand alone sat nav.
Thanks for your response Howard. Did you know, if you register with TomTom you can get the first map upgrade free, apparently.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We got the latest update when we purchased our 2016 Mileo 202 for the integrated Tom Tom.
And we find it next useless it tells you to take a corner then makes you u-turn to get back on the original route, gives up unexpectedly for no reason so we don,t trust it enough to use it, we use our stand alone Garmin Camper which is much better.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks for your response Howard. Did you know, if you register with TomTom you can get the first map upgrade free, apparently.
I didn't Ed because with other tomtom I have owned I have failed miserably to update them but that's probably a reflection of my computer skills rather than a fault with tomtom :)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We got the latest update when we purchased our 2016 Mileo 202 for the integrated Tom Tom.
And we find it next useless it tells you to take a corner then makes you u-turn to get back on the original route, gives up unexpectedly for no reason so we don,t trust it enough to use it, we use our stand alone Garmin Camper which is much better.
We found the same Steve N Tracy the tomtom got us lost twice in the uk and once in France so we decided enough was enough and bought an Aguri ,far superior.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Thanks for the info both. It would appear most of your issues have been with accuracy, mine's getting the thing to work. I discovered something today, when using our old stand alone sat nav in desperation, if I view the satellites it's found I get a full set, until I turn on the van ignition, they all disappear and the unit doesn't work! I'm thinking magnetic interference (EMC) issues. A visit to Marquis is next!

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Just got our Mileo 201 1st September, Tomtom maps were showing Dec 2014, spoke to Fiat who didn't seem to know if the maps were upgradable. Contacted Tomtom who gave us a new download of maps now dated May 2016.
No problems with locating the satellites, showing 12 most of the time
There is also a fiat app available called fiat ducato camper mobile.
Not sure where I download it. But when you fill in the info It appears to show the camper location. I guess it uses the gps on the uconnect box
Try this link https://www.fiatcamper.com/en/home

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Forgot to mention fiat camper also seem to give 2 years European roadside assistance on new campers

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
The Fiat camper app is available from the android store, it uses the phone gps to locate not the connect box.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
This is some info for anyone struggling to see their information cluster on the new Fiat cabs, such as speed etc.

I phoned Fiat Italy and explained that in some poor light conditions how difficult it was to read. The first lady took all my particulars and issued a case number, she then passed this to the MH section who phoned me to say there was an update available, who my local dealer was and to ring them to arrange for the update to be done.

Today was the dawning of a readable cluster, the update available was to light up this cluster when the ignition is switched on, problem now solved. What a difference it has made.

If you struggle there is your answer.

DelMar.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
This is some info for anyone struggling to see their information cluster on the new Fiat cabs, such as speed etc.

I phoned Fiat Italy and explained that in some poor light conditions how difficult it was to read. The first lady took all my particulars and issued a case number, she then passed this to the MH section who phoned me to say there was an update available, who my local dealer was and to ring them to arrange for the update to be done.

Today was the dawning of a readable cluster, the update available was to light up this cluster when the ignition is switched on, problem now solved. What a difference it has made.

If you struggle there is your answer.

DelMar.

I had mine done back in April and to be honest it does not work as well as it should if driving abroad in sunlight and wearing sunglasses you still cannot read the KMH scale and the MPH scale is only just visible, however it is good if driving along a leafy lane on a cloudy day.:)

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Drove back from Fiat yesterday in average sun and could see it clearly, even km.
But I take on board what you say, strong sun will be the tester then, I suppose it's down to the bulb stregth used to illuminate.
I have read of some people using foil to reflect light onto the information cluster with success. Although if the illumination by Fiat is insufficient, they should surely increase it's strength for safety.

With previous Fiats I never had this problem .

Regards DelMar.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Update of new Mileo 201 after the first month & 3 trips just under 1000 miles
1. Loo roll holder (the arm) fell off
Removed fitting & re-attached using Allen key
2. Lost the gray waste handle after 2nd trip now just a rod.
Let Marquis know & new one on warranty order, possible 4 weeks
This was the second report of the same problem. So guys please check your gray water handle is tightened
3. Habitation door fails to shut or lock.
Adjusted door latch. Now have it permantly locked until we can get it booked in with Marquis, hopefully the same time the handle arrives.
No other probs as yet.

Seems to handle well on all road types & grass fields
Getting 28 mpg on motorways at average 65 mph, this is the new Euro 6 150 bhp manual engine
The onboard gear shift display seems to want me to to drive about 1200 rpm
Have to ignore it a lot of the time.
Factory fitted A.C & 3 metre awning
Had to retract the awning on site when the wind picked up as gets a bit noisy in the van. (we do have the storm straps but made no difference)
We now have a growler alarm, a new sat dish & tv fitted.
Thank you Vanbitz.
Next outing in 2 weeks we will have to use the cab doors until hab door fixed bit of a pain.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Forgot to mention the cruise control.
Set for 65mph but the speed varies between 62 to 68 mph as measured on my sat nav.
In the car the speed stays where you set it.
I guess it could be the extra weight up/down hills, but not impressed

zeberdy

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
Hi All Newbie thinking of getting either a 201 or 202 can you comment on the MPG both short and long runs also the cost of road tax.

Many Thanks

Zeberdy

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Hi All Newbie thinking of getting either a 201 or 202 can you comment on the MPG both short and long runs also the cost of road tax.

Many Thanks

Zeberdy
Road tax is dependant on the plated weight option you go for.
3500kg = £235 per year
3650kg = £165 per year
Check out the government site below

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007

Many Thanks

Zeberdy

Hi Zeberdy, we're getting around 27mpg with a 202. That's the average from our last trip in September, over 3500 miles. I try to keep to 100kph on motorways, and 90kph on single carriageway roads.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Recently did the NC 500 and my 286 was returning high 20's, very pleased with it.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Van gone in today for the first Engine service, needed to split the costs up, (bit expensive to have tax and both services in the same month) book says 2 years for the engine side but not happy about that, would prefer yearly, but that's just me.
Next month for the habitation service at Marquis.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back