How do you empty the grey waste tank? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
The MH I am looking at has 90 litre waste water tank. How do you get rid of it when staying on site?

I cant imagine driving up to a grid and opening a valve??

I have seen caravans with wheely type waste water containers but they don't look that big.

Just wondering the best way to loose 90 litre of washing up water.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have a wheeled bowser that will fit under waste if parked up for long periods just empty as required also use a bucket.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
All the sites I have used, which is not many, have had exactly what you describe, a grid you drive up to and dump your grey tank. The storage site I use has the same facility.

I will confess to pulling into a roadside layby, positioning myself over a drain and dumping my grey tank when I was stuck and the tank was full. Only my grey tank, washing up and shower water only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Some kind of container is the only way you can do it if you don't want to drive to the drain. Obviously if it's full up you will be making several trips, there's nothing you can do about that.

Reactions: DBK
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We generally drive to the grate and open the valve, if the grate cannot be driven over then we attach a hose and put the hose down the grate and open the valve. Biggest issue is getting the valve to be the lowest point so that we can empty completely.

If we fill up and cannot move then we have a bucket with a lid, but try to avoid using it.

We have a waste master but leave it at home as it is too big.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Leave your valve permanently a quarter open so it finds its own way out wherever you're parked or driving (y):whistle::imoutahere:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That is what the Motorhome Empting points are large drains with iron bars over you pull up over the drain open tap, job done, that is what they are designed to do so why not use them..:)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Waiting......................

Just sayin;)

:imoutahere:

Hi cliffdale.
Most motorhomers just leave it open and let it drain out. There has been some discussion about pubic hair and grease from the washing up causing the deaths of over 20000 motorcyclists..but its not true..

OK Dave ...ive started over to you @Wildbill as its your birthday..

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
We never bother we just leve the valve open never have to worry abut it
Bill

Brings back caravan memories!

I used to wild in a field in central Spain, for up to 13 weeks at a stretch.

Water was collected in 25 litre containers from the local filling station.

I used a length of hose connected to the waste pipe and then routed under the caravan.

Every morning a local farming lady would drive a herd of cows out to the higher fields right past our caravan, with a loud Hola as she passed us just after dawn. Over the weeks we gotto know her by name and would buy her a beer in the village bar in the evening.

This led to her leaving a jug of 'green' milk every day, which I drank every day for the 13 weeks for over five year without problems.

On 'leaving' day I would have pack the previous evening and hook up before dawn so as not to overheat. When I moved the caravan there would be a rectangle of lush green grass, 30 cms tall standing surrounded by burnt dry stubble.

As the cow lady appeared you could see the cows spot or smell the lush grass and there would be a small stampede across the field to devour the green grass.

So dumping your grey water is not always bad.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Hi cliffdale.
Most motorhomers just leave it open and let it drain out. There has been some discussion about pubic hair and grease from the washing up causing the deaths of over 20000 motorcyclists..but its not true..

Can you please explain?

How does some pubic hair kill 20,000motorcyclists?

:):):)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We never bother we just leve the valve open never have to worry abut it
Bill

Leave your valve permanently a quarter open so it finds its own way out wherever you're parked or driving (y):whistle::imoutahere:

Hi cliffdale.

I thought that's what everyone does...?

:)(y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Can you please explain?

How does some pubic hair kill 20,000motorcyclists?

:):):)
It got stuck in their teeth whilst driving behind MH................ and whilst removing them they crashed.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The MH I am looking at has 90 litre waste water tank. How do you get rid of it when staying on site?

I cant imagine driving up to a grid and opening a valve??

I have seen caravans with wheely type waste water containers but they don't look that big.

Just wondering the best way to loose 90 litre of washing up water.
Hi @Cliffdale
Among all the FUN banter above there's a lot of absolute "no-no's" and the REAL answer - yes empty down the (provided on site) drain, or use buckets (in which case, empty as often as possible to save a mammoth emptying spree at the end); no don't leave the valve open unless invited to by the site owner, and DO NOT leave the valve open on the road (messy oil-slicks follow...). Avoid emptying into a road drain if you can.

OK fellas, back to the banter...

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi @Cliffdale
Among all the FUN banter above there's a lot of absolute "no-no's" and the REAL answer - yes empty down the (provided on site) drain, or use buckets (in which case, empty as often as possible to save a mammoth emptying spree at the end); no don't leave the valve open unless invited to by the site owner, and DO NOT leave the valve open on the road (messy oil-slicks follow...). Avoid emptying into a road drain if you can.

OK fellas, back to the banter...
What's this serious advice not much fun in in that :rofl:
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back