Bip&Drive viaT tag for spain and france (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
has anyone any experience of using the motorway toll tag from this company. It is advertised as able to be used in France Portugal and spain.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
I tried to contact Bip & Drive this morning and got this reply:

Dear Richard,
Thank you form contacting us. We are sorry to inform you that the height limitation in France is 2 m.

Yours faithfully

B&D Customer Service

Atención al Cliente

info@bipdrive.com

Si no desea recibir comunicaciones comerciales por medios electrónicos en esta dirección, envíe un correo electrónico a info@bipdrive.com

So I wondered how you got on if you have used them.

There is also a French tag called Bip & Go and this also offers Spain and I think is cheaper anyway, so I'm not too bothered about the above reply.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Bip & Go is a Sanef company and they do not seem to sell those tags into the UK. I had wondered if I could sign up with a French bank account but the sign-up options require a phone number and it will not accept a +44 number.

I already have an ATMB tag but this looked to be a better option to cover both countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Other people appear to have Bip & Go so how have they managed??

I have queried the comment about 2m height limit and here is the reply:

Dear Richard,

Thank you for getting back to us. Some of our clients had problems driving with their motorhomes. Therefore, we consulted with the French motorways and they confirmed the Bip&Drive is only usable for cars up to 2 m tall.

Yours faithfully

Bip&Drive Customer Service

Atención al Cliente

info@bipdrive.com

Have they gone mad

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
They must getting confused with the height restricted lanes. I would go for one and ignore that 2m issue, but there web site does seem to restrict it to Spanish passport or residence permit holders if you apply on line. Maybe it is possible to sign up by other means when in Spain.

I might email Bip & Go to see if there is a way around there country restriction.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have for most of my life traveled through france and spain and not needed to pay to drive on a road.
just use other roads . you can get every where with out all this paying .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have to say their web site is not very informative, this "If you have a car, the new VIA-T is for you" is the only clue I could find, it doesn't mention any different classes at all.

Martin

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I have to say their web site is not very informative, this "If you have a car, the new VIA-T is for you" is the only clue I could find, it doesn't mention any different classes at all.

Martin

I think that when I tried the sign-up process for Bip & Drive it did say something like "maximum 3500kg, not for commercial vehicles". I am not well up on the Spanish toll system, but I did think that they treated all motorhomes the same, but I could well be wrong on that.

I have emailed Bip & Go (that is the French tag that allows Spain) to see if it is possible to sign up, but I am doubting it as the signup process only has a limited list of countries, the UK not being one of them. I do think maybe it would be possible if I had a French mobile phone number, but I can't sort that out without popping over to France, so it would not be in time for my forthcoming trip.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have a Via-T box for Spain from Tolltickets and it works well, my van is 5000kgs with a tag axle. I declared the height, weight etc when registering. There is a section on their registration page for Motorhomes over 3500. I believe you can get one to cover a number of countries on the same box. Here is the link https://www.tolltickets.com/country/france/libert.aspx?lang=en-GB&mnu=c

Last edited:
OP
OP
S
Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for all the input. We gave up and got the sanef. There is a small discount with CC, but wanted one for France and spain.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I have emailed Bip & Go (that is the French tag that allows Spain) to see if it is possible to sign up, but I am doubting it as the signup process only has a limited list of countries, the UK not being one of them. I do think maybe it would be possible if I had a French mobile phone number, but I can't sort that out without popping over to France, so it would not be in time for my forthcoming trip.

Just a quick note to report that Bip & Go did not reply to my email.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back