Bogged down in France..! (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
on camping la bel air on the Ile de Re and on the second day we wanted to move to a sunnier pitch and spoke to reception that we'd like to move down to a quiet sunny pitch down the back of the site and she said "yes that's ok"
Well of we go and head on to the large pitch and a quick turn of the steering to bring us level and dolly bogs in on the front....!

No problem said I... Into reverse and dolly break the crust on top of the sand and that was it....:doh:

image.jpeg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Oh dear - I feel your pain

If you call for a tow truck can we play 'guess the bill'

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It looks nice and level though, sleep on it, I reckon the site will have a tow option for low €'s hopefully free, you will not be the first to be stuck there I am sure

edit - you don't look too bad yet, try and rock it out on the gear box, quite hard to get a rear wheel drive stuck totally, but do keep us informed (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
you can try and let air out the tyres, I have done that in Australia when I was stuck in sand in the outback, then drove very slowly to a garage 50 miles away to re-inflate them cant promise it will work, what you got to loose, ps you must keep front wheels straight all the time your getting out

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It looks nice and level though, sleep on it, I reckon the site will have a tow option for low €'s hopefully free, you will not be the first to be stuck there I am sure

edit - you don't look too bad yet, try and rock it out on the gear box, quite hard to get a rear wheel drive stuck totally, but do keep us informed (y)

Yes it was nice and level and I did say let's leave it and worry about it in a weeks time... But my wheelchair was having the Same problem... So we moaned at the manager and she said you shouldn't be on there but I said the other lady said ok..! Other lady was a temp...!

It's an merc auto...:censored:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You need to try this

Works every time

image.jpeg

Just need a good strong piece of knicker elastic

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes it was nice and level and I did say let's leave it and worry about it in a weeks time... But my wheelchair was having the Same problem... So we moaned at the manager and she said you shouldn't be on there but I said the other lady said ok..! Other lady was a temp...!

It's an merc auto...:censored:

same as ours, it is possible to move from D to R fairly quickly and get a rock going, the worst that will happen is you will get a little deeper in, more likely you will get out (y)

now if you had E + P jacks fitted .......... :whistle:

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Get ya bread trays out.
Or a chat with a local farmers.

I did have one go at digging her out and got some stones in there and a couple of bread trays behind the wheels but one wheel spun on the stones and dug right in..! That's when I shouted for help..:eek:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
sorry, I had forgotten about your wheelchair, that might put a different slant on the whole situation

hopefully the site will pull you out, it will probably take next to nothing, even a little site cart daft as it sounds might just give the extra bit you need (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
upload_2016-9-15_20-8-0.png

great result (y)

and from this angle I can see why it didn't come out easily, you had really put in in there properly ;)

edit - and no eye needed, much better to hook up to the tow bar (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking more closely at the pic
image.png

Is that 'rufty tufty' fireman playing with his 'G' string ?

Sure it's not the Chippendales who came to help ?

image.jpeg

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Glad you got out ok and a big well done to the boys hope you bought them a beer (y)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
now get down the bar, have a laugh and spend the tow money they wouldn't take on beer :):)

We all did have a laugh and of course wouldn't have a drink on me but they all did want to get in and see how I drive it....:confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back