LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Just seen one of these at Castleton CC site think it's the t640 or something like that 2016
What a gorgeous looking mh
Layout is totally wrong for us but the look and colour is just awesome
Mh envy is a lot worse than tent envy that's for sure

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I agree it is a lovely Motorhome. We have the Burstner Nexxo t720 - bought new in 2014 - two single beds, end washroom, level floor with one step up to the driver/dining section. Becks Motorhomes have a new one at just under £60,000 but not in the Champagne colour. We traded in our Autotrail in favour of fixed beds. I have been trying to find out what it's worth as we may be giving up motorhoming next year and won't be part-exchanging but there don't seem to be many about.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
We have Burstner Nexxo t720 only 6 months old, and are now going in to have our fourth bathroom door lock replaced. Burstner in their wisdom are using a lock where the tongue remains in the lock body whilst door is open but shoots out by means of a magnet fitted in the keeper when door is closed. The first time it happened the door would not open, so had to drive 20 miles to dealer in Lincoln with tv Arial up ( located in the wardrobe in bathroom ) the last few times we have been lucky lock jammed whilst door open. The dealer Camper UK has been very good and have been in contact with Burstner trying to get problem resolved,having said that we like the van and will keep it and hopefully get this minor inconvenience sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We have a year old Nexxo T660 (french bed model). Our bathroom door lock has just broken (2 days after first year service!). Ours sounds different in that the tongue is held out by a spring and the spring has broken so it won't stay shut. Have done a temporary fix by dismantling the lock and using an elastic band in place of spring. I'll be reporting this to dealer as soon as we get back from France. Along with the several things that they fixed under warranty that have gone wrong again. If your Nexxo has Dometic oven/grill, does the grill stay alight for longer than 10 minutes. And if it goes out will it light again? Also how does your Dometic fridge perform? Does it fire up when it is cold outside. We have been woken up several times at 4 in morning by the fridge alarm going off!

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi Stevec, have only used the grill once an no problems, the fridge so far has performed as it's supposed to, only time alarm sounds is when we have been driving and stop and switch off engine, then it chirps until we change to gas or electricity. Your lock sounds like the type that used to be fitted, but Burstner in their wisdom decided this new lock was better,
According to our dealer it has been a costly mistake as he said they have been having quite a few in for new locks as the the tongue is either jamming inside the lock body or jamming when it enters the keeper.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Hi frogi, we can do toast but not sausages or anything that takes more than a few minutes. Dometic know about the problem. The top of the grill flexes with the heat and pushes the thermocouple out of the flame! I note that this year's models don't have a Dometic oven!

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Where are all the Burstner owners ? - only a few have replied to this thread and yet there is usually banter between Burstner and Hymer owners.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Just put a deposit on a Burstner Ixeo plus IT 724, 2010 vintage. hope I have done the right thing trading in my Hymer B524 ?

Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
We bought a new Burstner t690g Sovereign in March this year

They have already had to replace the satnav unit and it has to go back to replace the garage door locks and also the oven light (Dometic) will not go out, even if the 12v is switched off. I have to turn off the power on the main control unit

Other than that its lovely, the leather upholstery is nice and the garage is brilliant. Much quieter on the road than our previous Bessacarr

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Hello, we are three months into our first motor home a 2010 Burstner Solano t725. Loving it so far. Currently working through a few minor issues. Only major problem we have is payload, so we will fix that shortly.

Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
Not all bad then !

No its not too bad at all!!

I have added rear air suspension and uprated front springs to lift it off the bump stops and also external 12v water fill, h&c shower point, external gas socket, external tv and satellite input and external 240v socket.

I asked for it to be registered at 3.65t, I think the suspension mods will allow it to be uprated to 3.8t

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Many a happy hour on weigh bridges in the last month or so. Completley empty bar a full tank of fuel we have less than 300kgs. By the time you add in two humans and two 23kg dogs then the issue becomes critical. The van is 3.0 with the comfort matic so it left the factory with 400kgs payload. Add in the other options that were factory fitted and the previously fitted oyster and tow bar then you can see how little we have left. I added a Thule bike rack on the tow bar and with two mountain bikes we were over the max axle load.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back