Help.. Urgent Camper contact ... (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I've just arrived in France and trying to find a site or aire to park up, I cannot get camper contact to connect..? It says I need to connect to wifi to find my position but I'm obviously connected to write this any ideas please...?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have tried logging in to my account and it's saying "no account with this email make a new account" ..! I don't want to pay again..! When I only did it two days ago..!

Any ideas ..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
If you are using 3G on your phone it won't connect with that unless you alter your settings & not a good idea as it will use a lot of data. Did you not download the offline maps before you left?
Tell us where you are/ want to be & we can help.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you recently installed it and did it work in the UK? If it's a new install it will want to download all the photos which it will do on wifi only by default.

Of course turning the device on and off might work.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If all else fails, go to the town you want and look for signs for aire de camping car, or picture of MH on sign, around Calais there are not many places that don't have an aire (y)

upload_2016-9-12_15-7-32.png

deep breath, get first one out of the way it will all seem much easier :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Download the POIs from Campercontact and load onto your sat nav..

free, no account required http://www.campercontact.com/en/content/downloads

once loaded you can navigate to the nearest one.. each POI has some basic information .. much easier than using the phone app..

That's my plan when I get home as this is the second trip where the phone app has been useless.
Can't say I'm overly impressed.
Some good places on there but have found an awful lot shutdown its far from perfect.
The campsites and stops loaded on Co Pilot are far more useful than Campercontact, find them under Points of Interest then Sport n Recreation then Campsites. Can search near where you are, destination or along your planned route. The more I use Co Pilot the more I appreciate just how good it is, far far superior to any satnav or phone app and a fraction of the price. :)(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
What was wrong ?

I didn't have location services on for the app...:doh:

I used the iPad to get me there and it was great, there are no co-ordinates on the app? Was going to put them in sat but seems to work ok on the pad...

Needed the live location to find me and what aires are around me....(y)

Came over from Calais at lunch time on way to ile de re and now on montreuil sur mer, last pitch...! Hot 30'

Thanks all for your help:)(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The coords for an aire are in the contact section, which isn't very intuitive, but that's the way it is. :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I didn't have location services on for the app...:doh:

I used the iPad to get me there and it was great, there are no co-ordinates on the app? Was going to put them in sat but seems to work ok on the pad...

Needed the live location to find me and what aires are around me....(y)

Came over from Calais at lunch time on way to ile de re and now on montreuil sur mer, last pitch...! Hot 30'

Thanks all for your help:)(y)
Its a fickle app it works OK on my Hudle but the offline maps will not work on my note 4. If its out of date with regards sites, please update it !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back