EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
I understand how these things fit to the roll out section but how does one seal the sides ? There doesnt seem to be a track for something to slide into. Would I need to retro fit a track of some sort ?
Any recommendations ?

The factory fitted roll out is a Dometic, van is a an Eldiss 180

Ill happily have chat with my dealer but any tips and advice here ?

Thank you

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Any drive away awning is not going to be sealed to the van persay by its very nature
most if not all drive
aways have an elasticated side system that merely follows the shape where it can of the van and is pegged slightly under the van to help it do this
I don't believe A drive away does use the roll out awning as you seem to be suggesting the accuracy of returning to the same spot is hard enough without making it mm accurate
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EyUp

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
Cheers Geo

I will try and locate the video I saw recently. ( cant find at mo ) but there was an adaptor piece so the inflatable awning didnt fit directly to the roll out. As I remember the adaptor simply pulls out when you want to drive away, thus separating the MoHo and infaltable. When re-attaching it didnt need to be MM perfect but just about in line.
I will try find the clip in my history.

Upvote 0

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I am tempted by the idea of a blow-up drive-away awning but after reading the relevant posts here I have made a decision to wait and see.

The manufacturers' videos/stills all show a nice snug fit down the wall next to the van but the reality of funster pics seem to show a different story with gaps varying between not too bad and probably acceptable to omg !! I could park another MH in there.

Perhaps I will have a snoop around at Lincoln and ask a few of you for your experience (of awnings I mean) but I suspect that my wait and see will be supplemented by another wait and see.

Sorry for wandering off topic a bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Any drive away awning is not going to be sealed to the van persay by its very nature
most if not all drive
aways have an elasticated side system that merely follows the shape where it can of the van and is pegged slightly under the van to help it do this
I don't believe A drive away does use the roll out awning as you seem to be suggesting the accuracy of returning to the same spot is hard enough without making it mm accurate
G
Drive away awnings can be secured to roll out awnings, or to a rail that's fitted aftermarket. You are provided with a 2" wide reflective tape to secure the length of motorhome so that you can gauge your original position on return, it's not difficult

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
On our last two trips with the inflatable awning we have put it on the pitch so as to enjoy the view - i.e. used it unattached and sited away from the motor home - makes it easy.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back