Dog options for Van Bitz visit (1 Viewer)

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Hi all! We're heading over to Van Bitz the week after next for installation of a Growler etc. Our Portuguese Water Dog is currently awaiting knee surgery, so is limited to short walks only. Just wondering what others have done with their dogs during a Van Bitz installation? Any suggestions for nearby places to visit that we can take him to (preferably undercover in case of rain)? Thanks!

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I'd be interested to know that as well. We're down at vanbitz mid October and will have our hound with us too. Any dog friendly places in Taunton? :RollEyes:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
When I went down there with the dog, the first day, we went off for a long walk, and found a pub and had lunch. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the pub, but I think it was horse related :D Second day, we sat in the waiting area, and wandered around the campsite every now and then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
There is an orchard next field over which you can walk in and opposite is a short walk by a stream into fields. It is beside the motorway though. In town - walkable, there are plenty of pubs accepting dogs. We used the ring of roses. The Park at the top of town is very nice as well. Ask Ash really nicely and he may take you and the dog into town and it is a short walk back.

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
They gave us a lift into Taunton with our dog, we then had a nice walk around town up to the park, then a spot of lunch and caught the bus back to near the campsite in the afternoon.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We also got a lift in to Taunton with our dog, had a walk around and found that Cafe Nero let you in with your dog. It is a lovely building too, well worth the price of the coffee and a bun, just to look inside the building.

Also up by the river there is a nice cafe with outside seating (if the weathers nice).

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We put up our pop up screen house, walked around orchard and part of racecourse and just sat and read but as we were booked in for that night also so could stay on pitch.
We are back on Monday for immobilliser but will probably go walk then sit in waiting area or outside depending on weather.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi all! We're heading over to Van Bitz the week after next for installation of a Growler etc. Our Portuguese Water Dog is currently awaiting knee surgery, so is limited to short walks only. Just wondering what others have done with their dogs during a Van Bitz installation? Any suggestions for nearby places to visit that we can take him to (preferably undercover in case of rain)? Thanks!
Is it worth asking Vanbitz about your requirements. I'm sure you're not the only one who has particular needs.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Aw Maaaate! yu gotta watch our Ed, if you are there when Wales win !!! Boy oh boy!! yu gotta keep an eye on yer pooch if its a Welsh Corgi.
Maaaaate 'ee been known to set up the Barbie wiv an evil glint in 'is eye 'as our Ed!:doh:

OP
OP
Alcemi

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions - sounds like there are plenty of places we can take him! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back