Folkestone Overnight (1 Viewer)

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
Hi
I prefer campsites but the d***head warden at the Folkestone site insists that I unhook the trailer and as I dont have corner steadies that means I have to unstrap and drive off my smart car first. Then first thing in the morning do the reverse. They even have signs up about it! Any suggestions of a peaceful place where I can park up my 7m MH plus trailer for an early morning tunnel crossing pls
Thanks
Barry

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi Barry IT looks to me if he is a jobsworth you should have given the hat to go with it aswell we all now that rules are made and should not be broken but as you say you had an early start this morning surely 1 night would have made no difference hope you got off to a good start today and enjoy your holidays Tony

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
junction 11 virtually at the tunnel entrance

you can pay to overnight at the service area , but apparently if you go on past there is a dead end road where the trucks and motorhomes overnight for free !

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
junction 11 virtually at the tunnel entrance

you can pay to overnight at the service area , but apparently if you go on past there is a dead end road where the trucks and motorhomes overnight for free !

If you don't mind the supermarket car parks thee are 2 Tesco stores close to Folkstone.

Jun. 10 near Ashford just by the M20, take A20 towards Folkstone. Another store at Cheriton , next Jun. passed the tunnel. If I remember correctly these are both 24 hr stores.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I prefer campsites but the d***head warden at the Folkestone site insists that I unhook the trailer and as I dont have corner steadies that means I have to unstrap and drive off my smart car first. Then first thing in the morning do the reverse. They even have signs up about it!
Seems like more 'elf 'n safety madness which is becoming extremely tiresome and boring now.

Personally I wouldn't bother wasting breath arguing with the warden, he's probably only doing what he's been told to do, but I would make it known to his employer that I'd give out the site details so people can avoid the place. Then point out from that they would not only be losing your custom, but that of many others too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ronfleur

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
not there now

Thanks for the replies
I realise from my post "he insists" it sounds like I'm there now! I mean he always insists lol
Not going there again Its the Black horse site I think either CC or CCC cant rememebr which
Barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back