Magic, Karma, Being Good, I Just Don't Know But... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
After my totally frustrating day yesterday when nothing went very well at all, I retired to bed... (my post is on this thread.)

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/how-hot-can-it-get.137870/#post-2008724

Checking my NOS signal, using my faulty battery expanded mifi, I was staggered to find the download speed, which had varied from slow to none at all during the last few days, was now well over 10 mbs and sometimes over 25 mbs download speed!

Now, at 1.30 pm on Wednesday, it is...

Screenshot_2016-09-07-13-34-44.png

(Remember Quinta Majay is in a forest, up in the hills, in the middle of nowhere in Central Portugal.)

I can only hope that for the last few days they have been upgrading the nearest mast and whilst they were doing so, it kept going on and off. Fingers crossed these speeds are now permanent.

So, with the super speed connection, I was able to watch a YouTube video showing how to remove my big (ride on) mower's starter motor and there is a possiblity I might be able to get it working.

Next I switched on my water heater (which hadn't worked the day before) and it fired up first time.

Tempting fate, I then opened the fridge door and it was cooling down.

Sadly the front bicycle tyre hasn't self healed and reinflated but never the less, a mysteriously good day so far...

JJ

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
You don't need a Mower JJ. Buy a couple of Goats, they will spend many happy years chewing through the undergrowth for you.

AND! The best thing about them IS!!! When they are past it! you can eat 'em! :hi5:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You don't need a Mower JJ. Buy a couple of Goats, they will spend many happy years chewing through the undergrowth for you.

AND! The best thing about them IS!!! When they are past it! you can eat 'em! :hi5:

And they would produce compost for your tomatoes ...(y)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks for your advice Fellow Funsters but please, please, please be sensible...

Who looks after the bloody animals when I am away motorhoming?

Anyone who knows me, even a teeny weeny bit, will know I don't want anything at all that will "tie me down".

Not even a ruddy awning... never mind goats...

Jeez...

The merest thought of such things makes my head hurt.

JJ :cool:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It sounds as if things only go well when you go to bed. So the lesson is obvious, don't get up, stay in bed. :)

Reactions: JJ

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It sounds as if things only go well when you go to bed. So the lesson is obvious, don't get up, stay in bed. :)

Dont encourage him any further, he will be getting bed sores.

Reactions: DBK

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Leave me alone...

(That ride on mower you supplied me needs a new starter kit... Briggs and Stratton part number 696540. Retail approx £20. Please see to it right away as part of the service contract.)

Having read your T&Cs backwards am sorry to inform you that as you have not returned your super deluxe SDL ride on lawnmower to our service centre for servicing in the last two years your lifetime guarantee is null and void sir. But as a valued customer and as a sign of good will we will endeavour to repair your super deluxe model free of charge. Just bring it along to our service centre in Anfield the next time you are passing on your way to watch the mighty Liverpool play football.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just bring it along to our service centre in Anfield the next time you are passing on your way to watch the mighty Liverpool play football.

I would rather watch the grass grow than watch that bunch of past dwelling, ball chasers...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back