Bomyard folk festival this w/e (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Any funsters going to be there?
Weather's looking good and some great acts lined up.
Can't wait.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
May be they are all their and not took there iPads .....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you put a link or more info we could have a look and decide. (y)

Just finished fitted my air suspension so the van needs a run out and Bromyard is Cider country so i may be able to do some shopping.. ;)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I've been meaning to go for years & not made it yet. Sister lives near & often goes.

Good when the weather is good. Not so much fun when it isn't - the site suffers badly if it rains (which if often does in September in the west of England!).

Can't go this year either. Will stagger of the boat at Dover Fri am, then half an hour down the road to the Train meet. Fortunately, I've seen a lot of the headliners elsewhere this year already.

A good festival for any uke players though.

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@Muddibootz do u mean those strange red box things with a slot in and little timetable things on the outside? Now what's 'post' as in post box?

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@TheCaller you've missed a treat as I am sure u'r sister must have told you.
I have attended the best part of the 49 years its been running and only 2 yrs stand out in my memory for the bad weather. A bit of rain never causes problems but monsoon conditions is another thing altogether.
@tonka its www.bromyardfolkfestival.co.uk but if your not particularly into folk music its a bit expensive for a field to park up in although the cider is very good if I remember correctly.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
With a hey nonny no, and hey nonny nigh, and all around my hat I, unfortunately will not be able to make the said meet,,, I'm still having nightmares about the Morris men I had the pleasure to share a field with some time ago!!!! Enjoy!!

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@ianthebuilder each to their own eh mate.
I hate watching Morris dancing definitely more boring than watching a bricklayer build a wall.
Thankfully theres a lot more to a folk festival than having to watch Morris dancing.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have attended the best part of the 49 years its been running and only 2 yrs stand out in my memory for the bad weather. A bit of rain never causes problems but monsoon conditions is another thing altogether.
@tonka its www.bromyardfolkfestival.co.uk but if your not particularly into folk music its a bit expensive for a field to park up in although the cider is very good if I remember correctly.

Thanks.. I found it.. Looks to " hard core" for me and as you say expensive if not our "scene" lol. :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
@ianthebuilder each to their own eh mate.
I hate watching Morris dancing definitely more boring than watching a bricklayer build a wall.
Thankfully theres a lot more to a folk festival than having to watch Morris dancing.

I know berni, I actually saw a smallish festival in Redditch pubs, a good few years ago, to be honest I thought the participants were very good, some interesting aspects,, I seem to remember much alcohol was drunk!! Lol. Enjoy.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
True - and Morris dancing, like most other forms of dancing, is a lot more fun to do than it is to watch. It also requires a lot more strength than most people realise.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Yes, I know it's a good one. It's just never fallen right for me to get there. It's a fair way from me too (even when I'm in the right country).
I think my sister must have been at both of them then! :) I know she has enjoyed the festival, but has had some bad experiences with the weather.

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@ianthebuilder I remember going to Redditch festivals at least a couple of times and I also remember going into the unicorn and another time the gate hangs well at headless cross.
Cant ever remember coming out though!

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@TheCaller best not to mention what pastime I indulged in for very many years and what a good craic we had. Perhaps explains why I really cant stand watching it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back