Which type of cable do I need? (1 Viewer)

escapecommittee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
Beginner
Recently purchased an Auto-trail Navajo which seems to have two ways of connecting a laptop to enable streaming. First on the DVD/Sat Nav screen is a socket for which I have (apparently) a four pole plug and some rca plugs at the other end. So I have a Mac air with a thunderbolt to HDMI converter. Is there any difficulty getting an HDMI to 4 pole cable that will link the laptop to the DVD/Nav screen?

Secondly there are sockets to the side of the Flip down LCD screen. Can anyone advise what cable I need to connect the laptop to that?

I read on ebay and Amazon that some cable combinations don't work with laptops. I don't know how to distinguish between the ones that will work and those that won't. Can anyone help?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No idea but replying just to bump it. Best of luck with your search

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Recently purchased an Auto-trail Navajo which seems to have two ways of connecting a laptop to enable streaming. First on the DVD/Sat Nav screen is a socket for which I have (apparently) a four pole plug and some rca plugs at the other end. So I have a Mac air with a thunderbolt to HDMI converter. Is there any difficulty getting an HDMI to 4 pole cable that will link the laptop to the DVD/Nav screen?

Secondly there are sockets to the side of the Flip down LCD screen. Can anyone advise what cable I need to connect the laptop to that?

I read on ebay and Amazon that some cable combinations don't work with laptops. I don't know how to distinguish between the ones that will work and those that won't. Can anyone help?

Tonka has previously uploaded user manuals for media head units fitted to recent Autotrail motorhomes to the Resources section. May help?

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/13el200-headend-unit-autotrail.108/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/autotrail-12ele2000-media-system-manual.43/

I've got a user manual (pdf) for a "generic" flip down monitor (which seems to be very similar to that fitted to Autotrails) but can't get it to upload to Resources. It might help?
Drop me a pm giving me your e-mail address if you want me to send it over to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back