Nature pure refitting? (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi

I have a nature pure plumbed into my old rv and want to move it to my new rv but I've got a problem and a query.

On the old rv the nature pure filter is plumbed into the exisiting hard white plastic pipe and I can't remove the spigot ends from the pipe. Any tips?

Now in the new rv the sink is in the slide and so it has flexible pipe connected straight onto the taps and I'm concerned that the nature pure fittings won't fit as the flexible pipe looks bigger that the standard whitr RV pipe. Has any one fitted a nature pure to the flixible piping?

TIA

Bryan

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bryan, never fitted one but you can buy new spigot inserts from any plumbing place,if you take a small bit of the flexy pipe I am sure they will be able to fix you up with what you need :thumb:
terry

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi bryan talk to one of your local plumbers or heating guys I would have thought they will tell you what fittings you would require to change over ?Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Assuming you have got to repair or join up the old pipework
I would cut off the old olives with minimum amount of plastic and then heat ( boil ) until plastic is soft then remove and re use olives
I would NOT attempt to re fit into a flexi pipe, you are asking for a flood:Eeek:
An alternative supply point needs to be found:Doh:
Sorry if its not what you wanted to hear

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Bryan,

at some point the flexy pipe must revert to a straight pipe to connect to the tap, unless its a specially moulded pipe with the straight bit moulded in..

is it possible to disconnect from the tap, cut the pipe where it is straight, fit the filter into the cut end and run new rigid pipe to the other end at the tap.

as Geo said, boil the pipe and the ends will pull out.
maybe need pliers wrapped in tape to avoid damaging the brass ends.

a useful tip......mine leaked where the pipes join the filter body (knurled nut).
a little veg oil dripped into the gap around the nut and spigot will help it tighten without distorting the rubber O ring.

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Assuming you have got to repair or join up the old pipework
I would cut off the old olives with minimum amount of plastic and then heat ( boil ) until plastic is soft then remove and re use olives
I would NOT attempt to re fit into a flexi pipe, you are asking for a flood:Eeek:
An alternative supply point needs to be found:Doh:
Sorry if its not what you wanted to hear

You assume correctly :winky:

No olives to worry about, but good idea to cut off the elbows with pipe and remove pipe in comfort of kitchen with the aid of a kettle.

I should be able to use a pushfit connector to re-connect the white water pipe (Duncan sells 'em)

Looked elsewhere for a location where it is standard white pipe (not flexi) and found one...trouble is it's right next to the mains transformer, convertor etc :Doh: Still, it shouldn't leak ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
hi Bryan,

at some point the flexy pipe must revert to a straight pipe to connect to the tap, unless its a specially moulded pipe with the straight bit moulded in..

is it possible to disconnect from the tap, cut the pipe where it is straight, fit the filter into the cut end and run new rigid pipe to the other end at the tap.

as Geo said, boil the pipe and the ends will pull out.
maybe need pliers wrapped in tape to avoid damaging the brass ends.

a useful tip......mine leaked where the pipes join the filter body (knurled nut).
a little veg oil dripped into the gap around the nut and spigot will help it tighten without distorting the rubber O ring.

Rigid (-ish) water pipe pops out of wall and is immediately joined to flexi pipe which wends it's way upto the tap where it is jubilee'd to a small tail on the tap. Not enough of non flexi pipe to work with.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You assume correctly :winky:

No olives to worry about, but good idea to cut off the elbows with pipe and remove pipe in comfort of kitchen with the aid of a kettle.

I should be able to use a pushfit connector to re-connect the white water pipe (Duncan sells 'em)

Looked elsewhere for a location where it is standard white pipe (not flexi) and found one...trouble is it's right next to the mains transformer, convertor etc :Doh: Still, it shouldn't leak ::bigsmile:

If flood results in Electrocution it wont be your problem:Eeek:
way to go Bryan:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Slip in a splash guard just in case:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back