Has anyone actually been through euro tunnel last day or two (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
i know there are a couple of threads running already, about Calais , but thought this would get lost among the other points.
We have loads of paper talk and TVs news, about trucks and strikes and stuff, but I and one or two others are due on the train , Monday night and Tuesday and Wednesday and possibly others that havnt said, are you all still going, has anyone on here actually gone through either way today or the last day or two, or anyone on now.
Anyone know what's actually happening on the ground?

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We're travelling out on Wednesday. Keeping an eye on developments but no plans to cancel as yet.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We're travelling out on Wednesday. Keeping an eye on developments but no plans to cancel as yet.
We are going Tuesday No way are we cancelling, just wondered what to expect, think it will be ok going this way , just the returning side where there is trouble.
Eurotunnel site says everything running as normal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Came through from Folkestone on Friday early afternoon, no problems whatsoever.

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We are going thru Saturday morning more concerned about the M20 being closed but certainly going Coming back 1st October hopefully all settled by then

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We got caught in that bridge crash the day before we got the tunnel, my Sat nav always tries too take me on the M2 but l stay on the M20 wish we hadn't that day, but that looks the way to go now with M20 being shut

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Came through to France Saturday afternoon. No problems and no delays apart from a 30 mins minor one as a train had stoped in the tunnel. That information will not be relevant on Monday as that is when the protest starts and according to UK media the French are definitely going to block the A16 as they want action, not promises from the French government. It would be as well to keep an eye on the media Monday morning before committing to try to make the crossing, if operation stack starts you can be sure there will be delays this side and the French side. Good luck

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We are going Tuesday No way are we cancelling, just wondered what to expect, think it will be ok going this way , just the returning side where there is trouble

Think you're right @chaser

We're only away about 2 weeks, haven't booked a return journey yet. If necessary we'll get a ferry from Dieppe.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Sunday Mail story today of jungle migrants deliberately causing car crashes around Calais so they can get on to stopped lorries......be careful out there !

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sunday Mail story today of jungle migrants deliberately causing car crashes around Calais so they can get on to stopped lorries......be careful out there !
Yes but have you noticed, it's a car load of journalists, why does it always happen to them, are they trying to get among the trouble on purpose.
Just saying

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We came through the tunnel just over a week ago
We always travel in broad daylight
No delays - though we aways alow plenty of time for security checks.
Saw no immigrants
Saw no issues with felled trees etc
We're careful to keep doors and garage locked.
Same precautions we take anywhere we travel.
We always carry water just in case we get held up

No need to panic - just take sensible precautions

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We're going on Tuesday morning on 5.50 tunnel :smiley: staying on Canterbury Aire on Monday night. We expect some disruption but will just take things as they come. Definitely not going to let it spoil our holiday :smiley:
We are ten hours behind you, minxsy two hours behind us.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Yes but have you noticed, it's a car load of journalists, why does it always happen to them, are they trying to get among the trouble on purpose.
Just saying
Yep you may be right, won't be the first time the Mail has invented a story :Eeek:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're going on Tuesday morning on 5.50 tunnel :smiley: staying on Canterbury Aire on Monday night. We expect some disruption but will just take things as they come. Definitely not going to let it spoil our holiday :smiley:

Just a thought - Canterbury aire will probably be a bit busy with folk having same idea as you. Seems to be getting popular with foreigners.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We came through the tunnel just over a week ago
We always travel in broad daylight
No delays - though we aways alow plenty of time for security checks.
Saw no immigrants
Saw no issues with felled trees etc
We're careful to keep doors and garage locked.
Same precautions we take anywhere we travel.
We always carry water just in case we get held up

No need to panic - just take sensible precautions
We came through last Friday very late at night, apart from one police van parked on the side of the road and two policeman stood on the bridge with night goggles nothing to concern. Dads Wife is booked to come home on Eurostar on Tuesday she is prepared for delays.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Just a thought - Canterbury aire will probably be a bit busy with folk having same idea as you. Seems to be getting popular with foreigners.
Thanks for the tip. Think there is a lot more space there now as (sure I read this on Fun) the overflow bit is open. If not will Britstop :smiley:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Yep you may be right, won't be the first time the Mail has invented a story :Eeek:

Agree with the sentiment but did see a picture of one of the car occupants leaning on the barrier,covered in blood from a head wound.
Surely they wouldn't go to those lengths,would they??:(

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Agree with the sentiment but did see a picture of one of the car occupants leaning on the barrier,covered in blood from a head wound.
I suppose you can put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time and still be unprepared when it really does go wrong !!!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It does just seem a hell of a coincidence though , this is the second lot of journalists, to my knowledge to have been attacked as well as a bbc team, have they been stirring somewhere before the actual accident.

Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We passed on the A16 yesterday at about 16.00 driving from Belgium to into France and there appeared to be a very long queue going towards the tunnels. Many aires were closed with a large police presence they appeared to be looking for someone specific
Gail

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
The MOS has pictures of their reporters on the front page their car having been hit by the lorry. Clearly they are looking for a story. I did see two migrants on the top of one camper in the Telegraph article and it reports services were suspended on the Shuttle last night. We only use the shuttle now for our own convenience as they have a one size fits all price and we save a lot on time. Looking to go over next Friday early am watching the space!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Posted on the other thread (noy sure why you need another)
Speaking to someone today who crossed 2 days ago and had migrants on the roof. Obviously didn't realise he was actually going on holiday and not back from !!

The reports in the paper are true now I'm afraid.. the only scandal is that the BBC and big corps can't be bothered to report it. Why do you think the protest is taking place? Read the facts ...is not just British drivers that are getting caught up in all this crap.

Just because someone doesn't see it on their trip doesn't mean it ain't happening on yours. Personally I will go with my normal instincts and it won't stop me crossing

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just driven A16 junction 52 to junction 40 through another danger zone without incident.

My opinion if you have concerns change your booking to another crossing.

The tunnel suits us and so much so as I said earlier we travelled from uk to France very late last Friday night because that's the time that suited us.

Thousands of vehicles cross everyday without incident I think you would have to be unlucky to get caught up.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Came through France to UK on Friday night. No problems other than it being very busy - we were booked on the 19:36 train, arrived in plenty of time at the site at 18:30, but got put on the 20:40 train. We got shunted into the terminal car park whilst waiting, went into the terminal building to get some food, it was packed.

Everyone was coming home in time for the end of the school holidays, which was our reason for traveling then as well. Lots of texts from Eurotunnel telling me it was going to be busy and not to arrive early or late!

Stayed overnight just outside Dover and drove up the A2/M2 to the M25 on Saturday morning - no delays due to M20 being shut, traffic flowed fine.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
i know there are a couple of threads running already, about Calais

Posted on the other thread (noy sure why you need another)

agree, no need for a third ... this will be going on for days or weeks .. I think they better all in the same thread.

@Jim can they be merged ?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back