Bawdsey Quay car park.. barrier vanished (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The car park at Bawdsey Quay has a 2.3 mt height barrier.. I often think,.. what a pity , would make a lovely aire.

Anyway.. when I passed earlier this evening going to the ferry I notice the barrier had gone.. no sign of it.

On the return leg I drove into the car park to see what was going on.. nope, no sign of barrier.. it's been lifted clean off it's hinges.. and it's no where to be seen.. not only that .. people with a caravan complete with large tent have set up camp on the grass.:rolleyes:

The Barrier Warning signs are still there, so I doubt it's been removed by the council .. unfortunately I didn't have a camera or phone with me to take a photo, maybe pop back tomorrow

Should I report this to the council ?

Car park showing substantial barrier.. not one easily removed..

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9...KskT2eFbNz9dJ-F1odng!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Should I report this to the council ?
There are no new variation parking orders and nothing I could find about possible works on the council's web site. Given that there is a caravan already on site then Spanishsteve may well be right. Telling the council now might avoid a big clear up bill.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
indeed Graham.. will call SCDC first thing tomorrow.. would hate to see this lovely spot spoiled
Sunday tomorrow Jim so out of hours just like this evening.
May as well call them tonight - "Outside office hours we operate an emergency telephone service for both Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils on 01502 527133" :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sunday tomorrow Jim so out of hours just like this evening.
May as well call them tonight - "Outside office hours we operate an emergency telephone service for both Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils on 01502 527133" :)

doh.. I'm thinking its Sunday..

called and reported.. they are going to investigate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
They'll all have piled in there by first thing tomorrow morning.....

....standard practice - one lot break the lock/remove the barrier ready for others to move on to the unprotected land. Happened to the land designated for out new offices a few years ago. Found the lock broken. Replaced it. Local broken again. Replaced it just before the convoy turned up. Result!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back