scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
HYMER ML-T
4x4
Difficult conditions such as snow, ice and loose gravel are no problem for the HYMER ML-T 4x4. The motorhome can be adapted for this purpose via a rocker switch on the dashboard which activates the front-wheel drive. The engine power is then distributed between the front and rear axle at a ratio of 35:65.

The four-wheel drive mode raises the vehicle level by approx. 8.5 cm which increases the ramp and slope angle as well as the fording depth accordingly. Activating the four-wheel drive gives theHYMER ML-T more traction, directional control and pulling power, giving it the same optimal performance as a regular SUV.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
They chose the test route carefully. That departure angle is terrible due to the rear overhang.
Whilst the 4wd would be great for muddy fields and snowy passes, an expedition vehicle it is not. With the added weight of the 4wd system, Hymer will be building the body very flimsy to keep the overall weight down.

I'll stick with a RWD dual wheel Transit for as long as it doesn't get nicked!:)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Whilst the 4wd would be great for muddy fields and snowy passes, an expedition vehicle it is not.

yes.. agree .. .. great for muddy motorhomes shows.. and it sure beats my FWD Fiat ..

don't think it is marketed as an 'expedition' vehicle John..

surprised your's aint been nicked yet.. then again.. who would dare :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Met an Italian couple in Shetland who had bought one especially for there trip to Scotland. They were parked up on hardstanding at the Sumburgh Hotel at the time. Not sure quite what they were expecting in July...they were carrying a full set of snow chains as well.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hymer will be building the body very flimsy to keep the overall weight down.

somehow I don't think so..

Hymer don't do flimsy.. the body is same PUAL construction as all Hymers are, they now have a lightweight GRP floor that cuts down weight and eliminates any chance of rot from road salt

Optimal Insulating due to approved PUAL-construction with foamed walls and foamed roof (35 mm roof- and wall thickness).
That is 5 mm thicker than mine .. (I measured when fitting the new Heki window, it's 30mm )

optional payloads.

Mass in running order approx. kg 2970
Maximum payload approx. kg 530/910/1230
Maximum permitted mass kg 3500/3880(o)/4200(o)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It will get you through the deep water BUT can you imaging the damp problem that would create!!!! The meter would be off the scale! Not to mention 'Mr ultra clean' who'd have palpitations at the state of the MH and spend all the time washing and waxing it!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Buy one of those and you'll be able to rally at Chester next Easter. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Buy one of those and you'll be able to rally at Chester next Easter. :)
I wish they'd move the Northern show back to York ... that would be a good test for this MH!

unimog

Free Member
May 11, 2014
In the doghouse
Funster No
MH
Mercedes unimog 1300L
Exp
2 years
The 4x4 system is supplied by these people
I have a 2004 sprinter panel van fitted with this system it also has a hi lo transfer box . I brought mine second hand and converted it to a camper . They are great pieces of kit and we have been in some very demanding places with it .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back