Anyone tried Limpet window alarm? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Seems a lot of money and if you leave the window open too much and the chain can be accessed it wouldn't take much to cut through it ... used properly it could work well though.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Seems a lot of money and if you leave the window open too much and the chain can be accessed it wouldn't take much to cut through it ... used properly it could work well though.
Good point about cutting the chain, might stick to the £2 ones on Banggood :wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Something like this could be adapted to work just as well ... as it's only the sucker that is really that different ... as it has 2 'loops' putting one on the window somehow (eg round the arm) and then the other end on a hook for example would do the same job, just without a chain - you could protect the cord that would be accessible by putting it through a narrow piece of metal tubing etc so it couldn't be easily cut, or replace that piece of cord with a chain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunny-Per...227114?hash=item35fe91af2a:g:vKsAAOSwyDxXhH45

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015

It says in "blurb" .... That it is a motion sensor type... So if perp opened to cut chain... One assumes he/she would be getting 100db 's in shell-like...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It says in "blurb" .... That it is a motion sensor type... So if perp opened to cut chain... One assumes he/she would be getting 100db 's in shell-like...
But then why the need for the chain ... there is a video on their website but I can't view it for some reason.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is a trembler window alarm made by Defender that goes off if window vibrates or moves so wouldn't need a chain they are not very expensive and work well the adhesive pad has sign on it telling people I down is alarmed.
From memory We paid about £6 for each of our four windows.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
But then why the need for the chain ... there is a video on their website but I can't view it for some reason.

Perhaps to stop perps sticking their sticky mit through window - grabbing stuff and doing a runner?... :)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Something like this could be adapted to work just as well ... as it's only the sucker that is really that different ... as it has 2 'loops' putting one on the window somehow (eg round the arm) and then the other end on a hook for example would do the same job, just without a chain - you could protect the cord that would be accessible by putting it through a narrow piece of metal tubing etc so it couldn't be easily cut, or replace that piece of cord with a chain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunny-Per...227114?hash=item35fe91af2a:g:vKsAAOSwyDxXhH45
Well you know i just had to order a few of these to try them on my windows, as i want something that is not visible from outside that would give the thief some prep time to think what he has to do as soon as he opens the window, instead hopefully they will be startled by the noise and start legging it.
as i had looked at these the other night
Broken Link Removed
but then seen they have "milenco alarm" plastered on the outside , and any thief familiar with this window alarm would know that the switch to turn then off is on it ( as per what i read on their webby ) and therefor yank open the window quickly and quickly just turn of the alarm at the switch.
Either way ill not know how this other "project" works out for me until like 8 weeks as after i placed the order , realised they were coming from Hong Kong!!
I do also appreciate that some thief's may see the word alarm and just walk onto the next target , that is why i will also stick up a few alarm stickers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back