Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
From your house or in the forest, worrying it's only down the road to me and such a lovely part of the country hope you get it back soon will keep my eyes peeled and hopefully they catch the scum bags

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
:eek:Sorry to hear about this Ford transits seem to be so easy to steal ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Oh dear! Another Ford.
Could well be on its way to Ireland.
If these Transit based MoHo's keep getting nicked it's going to push insurance prices up for us all.

Richard.

OP
OP
U

Upset

Free Member
Sep 1, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Stolen
Exp
It was taken from my rear garden, without keys. It wasn't lifted as we have low power cables next to our fence.
I guess it was taken towards frodsham direction from delamere as its hard to turn it around.

Had milenco habitation door lock, and cab locks. All on and ford dead locks on as well.

No broken glass or drag marks in gravel.

Just gutted

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Sorry to hear that, think the only way your gonna stop them taking transit based MH is to disable the engine someone way, not mechanically minded but someone will know a way, too late for yourself but might help others, hope you get it back.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Sorry to hear that, think the only way your gonna stop them taking transit based MH is to disable the engine someone way, not mechanically minded but someone will know a way, too late for yourself but might help others, hope you get it back.
A simple way is to unplug the starter motor exciter wire, or put a hidden switch to it. That completely disables the engine.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I really do feel sorry for you and hope you get it back soon.

As regards "very distinctive", I couldn't see one of your three or four distinctive features in any of your photos so I'm afraid to many it is just another white C class motorhome, it would have to be parked up for me to spot just one of those features.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
So sorry to here about your van, you must be gutted ,. There'll be plenty of funsters on the look out for it,and i'll be keeping my fingers crossed you get it back safe and sound. Mew.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have seen somewhere that there is a fault with some (earlier?) Transits, in that the Central locking wires are run externally, this allows them to be cut, which in turn means the doors unlock. (Found this):-

""A design fault on Transit models allow the locking system to be bypassed via the wiring, allowing an thief easy access to your vans contents. Once damaged in some instances the whole van will not lock, Although Ford have now addressed this problem on latest models preventing this method from working, down time and cost to repair wiring damaged by a thief can run into hundreds of pounds.""

Hope you get a result?

Pete

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Very sad and from what I've heard it is unlikely to be seen again. Although mine isn't Transit based it was stories like this which persuaded me to get an alarm fitted recently. You can get good alarms for about £500 upwards though I spent a bit more on mine. Of course theft of the vehicle is still rare but theft from MHs is a real threat and a good alarm will give some peace of mind when you leave the vehicle unattended.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Just as an aside these vehicles are often stolen for their parts as my daughter and her partner found out recently when their new Audi disappeared from the drive, the police found the car in bits and the body was cut up the engine had gone, along with many other cars in a storage place 40 miles away from their house, it looks like a forced labour job the police said and will involve a very large crime organisation from another country.So beware .:eek:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Makes you wonder that even having all that extra security fittings how the hell they get it away without someone hearing some kind of noise.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Makes you wonder that even having all that extra security fittings how the hell they get it away without someone hearing some kind of noise.

Trouble is, How often does an alarm go off. and no one takes notice?. Our`s sits on the drive, Alarmed (insurgence requirement), Disabled, (Hidden Switch) and Tracked. Under 24hr remote ip camera surveillance, which can be monitored world wide from my phone.

BUT!!!. If the b*ggars want it??????. who knows?

Pete

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
OMG another Transit. I read that they are nicked using a key reader device and a lap top. The key reader allows the thief to make a copy of the key, then return at their their liesure sometime later open the door and then reprogramme the system to accept their key using a laptop plugged in to the vans system, then simply drive away. I guess the solution is to fit different locks, secure the computer port, or an aftermarket alarm / immobiliser.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Trouble is, How often does an alarm go off. and no one takes notice?. Our`s sits on the drive, Alarmed (insurgence requirement), Disabled, (Hidden Switch) and Tracked. Under 24hr remote ip camera surveillance, which can be monitored world wide from my phone.

BUT!!!. If the b*ggars want it??????. who knows?

Pete
When my alarm goes off I get a phone call from a control room and they can disable the vehicle remotely. Of course it isn't foolproof, no system is, but every measure helps.

I think if I lived in area where thefts occur I think I would consider putting in some sort of bollard on the drive as well.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm out and about all weekend up here in Scotland, so I'l keep my eye's peeled. The last time a Transit motorhome went missing, I ended up snooping round an identical one in ASDA car park, the more eye's that are open the better. Fingers crossed that this all gets resolved soon.

OP
OP
U

Upset

Free Member
Sep 1, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Stolen
Exp
Thanks everyone.

Just sickening as I was taking my daughter to hospital in London and didn't get back until late.

Police have no leads. No one in my area saw it go which is mad as I live on a main road.

I was targeted and nothing would have stopped it.
The police said 4 have gone the last few weeks and only 1 recovery due to tracker.

I just hope the insurance comes good. Had a look but nothing in my price bracket. Looks like the end of the road for our family motor homing.

You work hard and some scum can do this makes me sick.

Daughter is upset, she loved the camper and we had just returned back from 2.5 wks in France.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks everyone.

Just sickening as I was taking my daughter to hospital in London and didn't get back until late.

Police have no leads. No one in my area saw it go which is mad as I live on a main road.

I was targeted and nothing would have stopped it.
The police said 4 have gone the last few weeks and only 1 recovery due to tracker.

I just hope the insurance comes good. Had a look but nothing in my price bracket. Looks like the end of the road for our family motor homing.

You work hard and some scum can do this makes me sick.

Daughter is upset, she loved the camper and we had just returned back from 2.5 wks in France.
I can appreciate how you feel but don't despair I am sure the insurance will cough up but they will take their time I guess. When you have the money banked you can start looking for a replacement - and in the winter you might get a bargain.

Just re-reading my posts above I hope it doesn't come across as "victim blaming" because that certainly wasn't meant. It was reading about sad cases like your which prompted me to put some extra security in place.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So sorry this has happened to you. It is when we read of this happening not that far from where we live that it brings the reality of it home to us. . I won't say hope it is found as a part of you would never feel relaxed in it knowing strangers have been in there ... hope the insurance doesn't waste time so that you are back on the road again.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Thanks everyone.

I was targeted and nothing would have stopped i

J
The main road bit is a clue as to how these scumbags operate. They see a Transit based vehicle regularly parked in the same spot. They visit with their lock reader device (freely available on eBay) insert the device into the drivers door take a copy of the key pattern and leave. They return a few days later , insert their newly made key, open the door and plug their computer in to the vehicle, a quick jiggle of the software and the vehicle recognises the new key and away they go. Simples......Ford should admit the problem and issue a recall to fit proper security. They won't of course and the thefts will continue.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Please share

My camper has been stolen today from Delamere, Cheshire

Sunlight motor home A90

RK08LSC
Very distinctive-
2 tv dishes on roof.
Union Jack on rear below camera
Broken rear passenger side rear bumper
Extra door security
Austrian road tax disc 2012
Swiss road tax 2013 in from window

Call 07818405557

If motorhome fun had a Facebook page just for this sort of thing we could all share it. Is it worth considering #jim or is it already there and I haven't found it?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If motorhome fun had a Facebook page just for this sort of thing we could all share it. Is it worth considering #jim or is it already there and I haven't found it?
Don't think many on here are on Facebook, me included.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The price of tranny parts on eBay and also motorhome accesories makes it more than likely these stolen vans are in bits before the night is over, in some shed somewhere.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Damn

This is happening too often. Sorry to hear of this

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun