Carado Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
What do the team think about Carado Motohomes , I know there the budget end of the Erwin Hymer Group and are made in the same factory as Dethleff Sunlight which are more or less Identical .
Have yet to see one in the flesh but I'd like to hear from any forum member who has one and what is the build quality like .
The Fresh water tank and pipework is all within the van body so not exposed to the outside temperature also the Truma boiler has a frost dump so would this be classed as "Winterised"

TIA

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
What do the team think about Carado Motohomes , I know there the budget end of the Erwin Hymer Group and are made in the same factory as Dethleff Sunlight which are more or less Identical .
Have yet to see one in the flesh but I'd like to hear from any forum member who has one and what is the build quality like .
The Fresh water tank and pipework is all within the van body so not exposed to the outside temperature also the Truma boiler has a frost dump so would this be classed as "Winterised"

TIA
I have a 2015 Carado T132, just done 10k miles across (including some really trashy roads) Europe in it and lived in it FT for just under 6 months..no teething problems apart from a window blind alignment. The only other issue was the sink in the bathroom collected water from the mirror join which I drilled a small drain hole underneath the sink to fix.

A good compromise between quality & price and everything (apart from the blinds) is robust and well made. After 6 months still looks like new (mostly) !!!!

The similar Sunlight alternative is cheaper but was not as well specced than the Carado, I bought the Carado as I wanted the higher cab and habitation spec.

I saw an even cheaper German version of the same German basic body shell in Spain, early 2016 which worked out new at £27K pounds back then. As the judge (RIP) would say go look at German website prices.

The GRP roof covering was well tested in a hail storm in Portugal, if it was to get really cold I just think you need to have the waste tank heated. The van was warm in the Spanish/portugese winter but having taken off some of the hab facia to route solar wiring through I personally thought a bit more insulation could have been stuffed into some of the gaps.

Well recommended!!!! If you want any further info let me know.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back