12 volt Microwave/remoska/Gas oven (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
The Murvi I have just purchased has a 12 volt 450 watt microwave which I have never had before,I am used to a gas oven and off grid I prefer, I was thinking of taking out and fitting a 20ltr smev gas oven which will be high up like the microwave,or do I fit a suitable inverter to power a remoska which I think are around 300 watts ,as the cables that go to the microwave are very large and could use those for the inverter.
Not sure what the microwave pulls in amps but the remoska would be around 2 amps plus whatever the inverter takes,any advise would be appreciated

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think a Remorska is 400W which is OK to run from an inverter of suitable size but of course it depends how long you are going to use it for - not that of course it will draw 400W continuously.

As an interim and possibly permanent solution why not try a double skillet? There are deprived souls without ovens who swear by them and I have no reason to believe they don't work as promised. There is a new company now making them. Search on here for a link.

An oven high up might cause problems with heat at the ceiling unless very well installed.

OP
OP
mowbotman
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
The microwave was fitted by Murvi and has a roof mushroom vent,so I thought that would do,need to see another Murvi with the eye level oven option

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The microwave was fitted by Murvi and has a roof mushroom vent,so I thought that would do,need to see another Murvi with the eye level oven option
I'm not sure if they did one. We have an oven in ours but the penalty is a smaller fridge as it fits above that. I'm guessing you have a fridge which is as high as the worktop?

OP
OP
mowbotman
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Large fridge and grill,we had the oven and small fridge in the last Murvi,really wanted a larger fridge and eye level gas oven, but when looking for a Muvi with 3ltr and Auto ,there are none around,so that's why we are toying with the idea with changing the microwave for oven, but the ovens are over £300 plus fitting, not sure about double skillit

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back