they are watching you [the police ] (1 Viewer)

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
in german but intresting the driver got fined 60 euro for useing the phone [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfv-ABKxsw]YouTube - Achtung Kontrolle 15.01.2009 Polizei kontrolliert LKW-Fahrer 1/3[/ame]

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Im afraid they wouldnt have stopped me:thumb:
Not untill a proper police vehicle turned up:Doh:

OP
OP
ginge61

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
they will srart doing it over here soon scary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Cleveland Police have used unmarked cars for years - saw them nick somebody on the A19 last week. Never seen them use a motorhome though :Smile:

Graham

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
why can t the freedom stealers and enforcers be more open and honest to their fellow humans ?? instead of this sneaking around winding every law abideing cittizen up ??:Angry::Doh:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
why can t the freedom stealers and enforcers be more open and honest to their fellow humans ?? instead of this sneaking around winding every law abideing cittizen up ??:Angry::Doh:

could it be because most people break every little law they think is not meant for them, i.e. using the phone when driving, speeding, etc, etc.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This truck driver was using his phone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-54UeI6Kaxg]YouTube - Tunnel Accident in Croatia[/ame]

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Never seen Cleveland Police stop anyone for driving within the speed limit :Smile:

Graham

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
there is NO REASON to be on the phone when driving i have no sympathy with anyone caughthardhat

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
police

i agree if on phone while driving deserve all they get

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cleveland Police have used unmarked cars for years - saw them nick somebody on the A19 last week. Never seen them use a motorhome though :Smile:

Graham

and as a lot of you may know from my previous post

Humberside Police use a dark blue Ford Transit registration T894 JKH with a mini Gatso through a special split rear window.

so be warned !!!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
seen the police using a motorhome in the birmingham area around dudley it was parked in a laybye with a camera at the darkened rear window

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I believe West Midlands Police are using an unmarked HGV on the motorway network around Birmingham in order to catch truck drivers using mobiles whilst driving. I guess they would see a motorhome driver as an appropriate target too.
Seems like a good idea to me.

P

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Am I the only person to be stopped for driving at 70mph on a motorway?
I was overtaking another car when I spotted an unmarked police Jaguar in the nearside lane. Needless to say I did'nt exceed the speed limit which meant it took quite a while to pass the car in the middele lane who was doing about 69.5mph. Because of this traffic built up behind me. As soon as I had passed the other car I pulled back into the middle lane and then the inside lane. Immediately the unmarked car put his concealed lights on and pulled me over. When asked what I was doing travelling at 70mph in the outside lane, I pointed out that I'd spotted they were in an unmarked car and that there was no way I was going to exceed the speed limit. He told me that everyone knows you won't be stopped at speeds up to 80mph on a motorway (his words, not mine). He noted my name and address and issued a verbal caution for driving without due consideration for other road users.
:Doh:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
and as a lot of you may know from my previous post

Humberside Police use a dark blue Ford Transit registration T894 JKH with a mini Gatso through a special split rear window.

so be warned !!!

often parked just outside Howden where the limit changes changes several times in a short area for no obvious reason

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
Never seen Cleveland Police stop anyone for driving within the speed limit :Smile:

Graham

But there are times when they should be!
Perhaps I'm biased but I'm with the Durham police on this. They don't use speed cameras - they take the view that the conditions are more important that strict adherence to the rules.
Many speed traps are operated when the weather is fine and conditions are good [like on the A19]. When conditions are poor the useless $@%$ are no where to be seen - and yet it is quite likely that driving at 29mph in a 40 limit is dangerous - although the following day driving at 44mph on the same road is perfectly safe
French at least alter their limits to fit weather conditions
Too many jobsworths out there sunning themselves

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
On a similar vain, Somerset Police are targetting the White van speedies, Yesterday I was travelling South on the M5, after picking up my new toad at Taunton and a 2005 Silver Mercedes was parked on the hard shoulder and was just finnishing with a transit, as I passed them another white van sped past me in the outside lane doing around 90 - 95. Within minutes the merc was on his tail and pulled him off about 2 miles further on. A job well done.

Brian

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But there are times when they should be!
Perhaps I'm biased but I'm with the Durham police on this. They don't use speed cameras - they take the view that the conditions are more important that strict adherence to the rules.
Many speed traps are operated when the weather is fine and conditions are good [like on the A19]. When conditions are poor the useless $@%$ are no where to be seen - and yet it is quite likely that driving at 29mph in a 40 limit is dangerous - although the following day driving at 44mph on the same road is perfectly safe
French at least alter their limits to fit weather conditions
Too many jobsworths out there sunning themselves

Wahoo !!! There ARE plod out there who use the grey matter !
We are lucky here in Norfolk as we too have the more gifted variety of officer ( in general that is ).. but there are too many forces where the scrambled egg lot rule with an iron fist which makes the woodentops stop thinking for themselves..
Those area are often easy to spot cos the unsolved crime figures are much higher than in other places .. Sad but true ..

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
In my opinion, rules are rules and there are for everyone, not just those who choose to stick to them, if you break rules, whether you see the point in them or not, you should have to face the consequences. And anyway why is there this obsession with wanting to go faster than the speed limit.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
When I am losing the will to live standing outside shops waiting for her in charge to spend all our money I now entertain myself by counting how many drivers pass using a Mobile Phone out of say 20 vehicles. I most times will count two or three. Now I notice you get the clever individuals head down between their legs Texting.
I would not only like to see a Fine but a size 10 boot on the phone which is then handed back to the driver for future use.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back