Motorhome try before you buy... (1 Viewer)

Cilla And Mom

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie - thinking!
Hi, Well , he have narrowed our search to Autocruise Quartet or Autosleeper Windrush or WildAx Solaris. We are thinking of hiring a PVC to try next week on holiday in Devon.....but can't find any of the above to hire??..Have you knowledgeable lot got any ideas.? I've seen some bigger PCVs but they are a thousand pound a week! Yikes that's a lot!.... But the cheaper motorhomes to hire are coach-built (still £700) , so not really what we intend to buy... & Seem quite high and bulky to park. ...never ever been in a motorhome before. We can't really commit to buying an expensive PVC without a bit of a test... Ta in advance..xxx

OP
OP
Cilla And Mom

Cilla And Mom

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie - thinking!
Many thanks Langtoftlad, but they are in Yorkshire & I am in Worcester.. traveling down to Devon. Also the try before you buy is only for new customers & I would bd looking for second hand . Yeh your right ,I've dropped them an email, but prob left it too late. ( I have to go when I have no work on - another great reason to buy a van in the first place)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GBS

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think trying to hire the specific model you want to buy is a nice idea but not essential I think.

The main issue is whether you both like motorhoming. I suggest just hiring any PVC you can find, don't be choosy, then go off for a week or so. There will be things you will like about the PVC and things you don't. You may decide you need more storage than a typical PVC can offer.

But at the end of the week you will have a much better idea of what features you want and don't want in your MH. :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
A friend hired one to try out and it was brand new. prior to buying one from that company. Took all his stuff in the car to the place he was getting it transferred all and everything over and set out on the maiden voyage, The company then shut down for the Christmas holiday period. They drove off for the first few miles and bang it went wrong and dropped into crawl mode, so into the services and call the company, BUT they had all gone off for four days holiday. Called out the breakdown company and it was dealt with by them in that they towed it to the nearest Base dealer, BUT they were closed. Never mind they said we will hire another vehicle to take its place, an ordinary parcel van turned up, no good. a car was produced so off they went to a hotel with too much stuff to get into the car properly, went back to the makers but all locked up and so was their car. After a lot of Faffing around somebody was contacted and they got the car out put all the stuff back into it and went home. They did not buy that PVC, and in the end went to Belgium, and got a Columbus, auto,LHD and a lot cheaper.. They knew they wanted a van but it nearly put them right off, but alright in the end apart from the holiday they did not get.

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Shame... we had a nightmare hiring a mazada bongo in The Borders once... luckily it didn't put us off either.

THC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back