Autotrail Arapaho 2010 rear view camera adjustment?? (1 Viewer)

Kenny M

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone know how to adjust the rear view/reversing camera. It is housed in a small white cover with a transparent window for the camera. I can see no fixings, internally or externally to remove the cover so as to adjust the camera.

Regards,

Kenny M :)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi Kenny I have a similar camera and I tried to adjust it and without taking it off completely, I could not see any way to adjust it seems to be preset and permanent.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The plastic cover is just help on with Sikaflex type adhesive..
If you are careful !!!!! You can get a blade in and cut the sealant away or use a cheese wire / stripped down electrical cable to slice it away from the back.. Did it on my 2005 model as the camera failed and i fitted a new one.. Tidy up the area and re-seal back on...
But be careful as a replacement may be hard to get ie an Autotrail part and so cost a bit...

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I was at a dealer when they were removing the cover it is as previously stated just glued on using a sikaflex type glue.

The fitter had a devils job getting it off

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I was at a dealer when they were removing the cover it is as previously stated just glued on using a sikaflex type glue.

Similar to removing solar panel brackets.. I found some stranded copper mains cable.. Stripped it down to just one strand.. Then used that like a cheese wire moving in back and forth while applying a little pressure.. Went like a hot knife through butter.. :)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back