Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I wonder if anyone has a 680ff, i pick one up on thursday and i'm looking forward to it? (y)Is there anything about Rapido's in general i should check out before i leave the dealers premises as i have to drive a long way to collect it.

Any advice would be welcomed.:sun:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We had the 791ff and used it every day for three years without anything falling off. The only downside was the very poor payload

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We had the 791ff and used it every day for three years without anything falling off. The only downside was the very poor payload
According to the data we should have around 500kg which is around what we have now.
Problem being garage storage is much bigger in rapido.......so will need to be aware.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
According to the data we should have around 500kg which is around what we have now.
Problem being garage storage is much bigger in rapido.......so will need to be aware.
Don't want to rain on your parade but I wouldn't believe the manufacturere's claim regarding payload as they are often wrong! If you've bought it on the principle of it having that amount and the dealer has confirmed this then get them to take it to a weighbridge to check it for you before you go for it ... you can uprate but it might not be what you want to do - best to find out before you get it if it is really going to be sufficient.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Don't want to rain on your parade but I wouldn't believe the manufacturere's claim regarding payload as they are often wrong! If you've bought it on the principle of it having that amount and the dealer has confirmed this then get them to take it to a weighbridge to check it for you before you go for it ... you can uprate but it might not be what you want to do - best to find out before you get it if it is really going to be sufficient.
Bought and paid for i'm afraid, payload not that important as only two of us will be using it most of the time.
If we have family with us we'll just leave out what we don't need for that trip.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ours (9090df) is 2 years old now and has been pretty much spot on. The only very minor thing was a weep on the shower mixer but that was easily sorted - a replacement posted to me and a 20 minute job to swap, saving a long drive to a dealer.

The only thing worth mentioning is that there are three Rapido agents in the UK and two of them (one in my direct experience and one from reports) are distinctly lacking in their aftersales service. The third one however is absolutely brilliant. They've helped me several times even though I've never, so far, spent any money with them.

The brilliant one is Highbridge. I'll let you work out the other two for yourselves :whistle:

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
The only thing worth mentioning is that there are three Rapido agents in the UK and two of them (one in my direct experience and one from reports) are distinctly lacking in their aftersales service. The third one however is absolutely brilliant. They've helped me several times even though I've never, so far, spent any money with them.
There are now 7 dealers in the uk......one of which is in scotland.
I bought mine at Spinneys at Homes Chapel.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are now 7 dealers in the uk......one of which is in scotland.
I bought mine at Spinneys at Homes Chapel.

Let's hope they are all like Highbridge rather than like the other two showers then (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Let's hope they are all like Highbridge rather than like the other two showers then (y)
Useful to know that ,I thought that the one closest to me was working hard to improve , anyhow I'm using it as an excuse to go over to Belgium for a hab check (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Useful to know that ,I thought that the one closest to me was working hard to improve , anyhow I'm using it as an excuse to go over to Belgium for a hab check (y)

I haven't heard any horror stories about them for a while now so maybe but the saying "disappeared faster than a ********** service agent" has to be based on something (y):D

The other one, based in a small town in Berkshire, just completely ignore you after you've bought your vehicle. The don't even respond when you're trying to spend more money with them.

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
So far i have been well looked after, i have the V5c in my name and i haven't parted with with my money yet.
I was pleased with the way their salesman went about his business.
I reckon i got a fair trade in and a fair few add ons.

They are also allowing me to stop over in their compound too as the RTax on the old van runs out the day before pickup.

Such hassle free dealings and only made 1 call to them after signing on the dotted line.

Verdict to come after handover.

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
So far i have been well looked after, i have the V5c in my name and i haven't parted with with my money yet.
I was pleased with the way their salesman went about his business.
I reckon i got a fair trade in and a fair few add ons.

They are also allowing me to stop over in their compound too as the RTax on the old van runs out the day before pickup.

Such hassle free dealings and only made 1 call to them after signing on the dotted line.

Verdict to come after handover.
On the road with our new Rapido really impressed with Spinneys and would like to thank Matt, Nick and Tony for their professional and courteous service at handover.

We left the dealers and drove 100 miles and went to a rally. We noticed our fridge wouldn't run on gas. I called Spinneys and spoke to Nick, we couldn't solve the problem on the phone so he arranged for a service agent to visit us on the rally field and my fridge was sorted.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Well i know the one, No body seems to dare mention the word Brownhills, Speak as you find i bought my Rapido 7065ff from them brand new straight out of the showroom, any issues were dealt with straight away, and i dropped my keys in a puddle, thus rendering them useless for locking the doors with the fob, told them my sad story and replaced them under warranty with no quible's
we will be at Brownhills for the last service under warranty this week, may even spend a couple of days there, and go swimming in the pool or maybe a sauna, ALL FREE.(y) + EU Rapido dealer of the year yet again

Last edited:

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Brownhills of the past appear to have not had a good name. The Brownhills we visited last year where we bought our new Rapido A class were professional, polite and nothing was to much of a problem. Going down in December for a long weekend to get a service and hab check done, so need to dig out the Mankini (guarantees you the sole use of the pool) and make use of their excellent free amenities. When we replace our current MoHo it will be for another Rapido from Brownhills.(y)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
A windscreen washer nozzle on my Rapido broke in April and I informed Brownhills. They duly said it was a warranty claim and that they would have to wait for Rapido. In the meantime I could not find a similar nozzle online. After a couple of months I queried what was going on. I was told it was a warranty matter and there was nothing they could do to hurry Rapido and I would have to wait. Prior to its servicing in September I rang up to be told the part would be fitted at the service. They have fitted a different nozzle which does not wet the top of the screen. 5 months waiting for the wrong £5 part.
At the beginning of September a company working at my house clipped a window on my van and immediately admitted liability. I duly phoned Brownhills for a quote and the other company then wrote to Brownhills stating they would pay for the window (copying me in the process). Brownhills T&Cs mean that the window has to be paid for in advance which is fair enough. They did not inform the company, so 2 months later they did not have any record of the emails (we were dealing with the same person). How can a company ignore offers to trade? A 1 line reply - you need to pay in advance would have solved the issue.
The only other item of concern with Brownhills was that I was phoned by a salesman and was unsure of what was offered. The sales manager phoned me back and replayed a copy of the discussion. They had recorded our conversation without my permission.
Ŵhile I was happy with the handover, I am finding the further you are away from the purchase date the more their care wains. Caveat emptor.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
A windscreen washer nozzle on my Rapido broke in April and I informed Brownhills. They duly said it was a warranty claim and that they would have to wait for Rapido. In the meantime I could not find a similar nozzle online. After a couple of months I queried what was going on. I was told it was a warranty matter and there was nothing they could do to hurry Rapido and I would have to wait.

I had a slight weep on my shower mixer. I spoke to Highbridge about it, they spoke to Rapido and received authorisation the same day, ordered the new one and then posted it out to me to fit myself to save the 300 mile round trip which Rapido were happy with. I had it within a week. I didn't even buy the van from Highbridge.

Rapido also supplied me a replacement hab door key, ordered through Highbridge at about 2:30 - 3pm, received by me direct from Rapido in France at 10am the next day all for the princely sum of £9 which I assume included some sort of markup for Highbridge.

For Brownhills to try and put the blame for any delay on Rapido is, in my experience, a nonsense. Rapido are incredibly efficient.

That's the sort of thing that has got Brownhills the reputation they have.

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
A windscreen washer nozzle on my Rapido broke in April and I informed Brownhills. They duly said it was a warranty claim and that they would have to wait for Rapido. In the meantime I could not find a similar nozzle online. After a couple of months I queried what was going on. I was told it was a warranty matter and there was nothing they could do to hurry Rapido and I would have to wait. Prior to its servicing in September I rang up to be told the part would be fitted at the service. They have fitted a different nozzle which does not wet the top of the screen. 5 months waiting for the wrong £5 part.
At the beginning of September a company working at my house clipped a window on my van and immediately admitted liability. I duly phoned Brownhills for a quote and the other company then wrote to Brownhills stating they would pay for the window (copying me in the process). Brownhills T&Cs mean that the window has to be paid for in advance which is fair enough. They did not inform the company, so 2 months later they did not have any record of the emails (we were dealing with the same person). How can a company ignore offers to trade? A 1 line reply - you need to pay in advance would have solved the issue.
The only other item of concern with Brownhills was that I was phoned by a salesman and was unsure of what was offered. The sales manager phoned me back and replayed a copy of the discussion. They had recorded our conversation without my permission.
Ŵhile I was happy with the handover, I am finding the further you are away from the purchase date the more their care wains. Caveat emptor.
If you get any problems with your Rapido, you can phone them direct. English speaking guy will take up your problem and sort it out there and then.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
I have just bought a new rapido 8066df and we will see how it goes picking it up monday, i did look at Hymers but in my opinon there are daylight robbery.

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back