Exeter Park & Ride (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We are looking to go down to Devon next weekend for a few days, and want to spend a day in Exeter.
Just looked at the P & R site, and it seems all the sites have height restrictions. However, it says that there are a few spaces outside the Matford site, where larger vehicles can park.
Has anyone parked here?
Or any other suggestions for parking a MH in Exeter.
Many thanks.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We were planning to visit Exeter early last year. I contacted Exeter City Council who confirmed, eventually, that overnight parking is allowed at Matford park and ride site.

We looked on Google Maps and it appears the potential motorhome spaces (i.e. outside the height barrier) are very short and would only be any good for small vans.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We were planning to visit Exeter early last year. I contacted Exeter City Council who confirmed, eventually, that overnight parking is allowed at Matford park and ride site.

We looked on Google Maps and it appears the potential motorhome spaces (i.e. outside the height barrier) are very short and would only be any good for small vans.

Paul
Overnight parking may be allowed (i.e. vehicles left unattended) but that does not mean that they can be camped in.

Upvote 0

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newbies, now have a Chausson Flash 08
Sadly I expect the barriers are to prevent the "traveling community" from taking over the site. Such a shame as Exeter is a lovely city.

Upvote 0

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Overnight parking may be allowed (i.e. vehicles left unattended) but that does not mean that they can be camped in.

Can't say for certain but I think the Council and I were talking about sleeping in a motorhome, according to this email from Exeter City Council:

Dear

Thank you for your reply.

I have been advised that parking in one of the overheight bays situated just outside of the Matford Park & Ride site would be okay.

Unfortunately most of our other car parks are situated within residential areas and we have in the past had complaints from local residents regarding noise etc coming from motorhomes and camper vans being stayed within overnight which is why we can no longer accommodate these vehicles.

Yours sincerely

Car Parks

Exeter City Council

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can't say for certain but I think the Council and I were talking about sleeping in a motorhome, according to this email from Exeter City Council:

Dear

Thank you for your reply.

I have been advised that parking in one of the overheight bays situated just outside of the Matford Park & Ride site would be okay.

Unfortunately most of our other car parks are situated within residential areas and we have in the past had complaints from local residents regarding noise etc coming from motorhomes and camper vans being stayed within overnight which is why we can no longer accommodate these vehicles.

Yours sincerely

Car Parks

Exeter City Council
Many thanks for that, most unusual. I don't know of any other P&R where camping is allowed (I do wish they would use the correct term as it's so much clearer :)).

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Many thanks for that, most unusual. I don't know of any other P&R where camping is allowed (I do wish they would use the correct term as it's so much clearer :)).

Is that the term that you use when you contact councils and you are asking about overnight stopping?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016

Paul

So, at 7-49m, it's unlikely that our MH will fit then?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back