Cheap vets in the south of france (1 Viewer)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
well I think we have found the cheapest place to get our dog sorted with his tapeworm signature in his pet passport prior to return to the UK. We were in Carro on the aire and on leaving the aire at the top of the hill on the left is a vets ( easily walkable from the aire ).

The grand cost of supplying the tablet, stamping his passport and all the necessary details was...................................wait for it.............

........2 euro. How about that for cheap and a lovely vet too.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
wow.. cheap as chips..

I posted this before..

Honfleur, the vet near the aire..

we were charged two consultations plus an extra €15 for a worming injection for our JRT who won't take tablets..

108.61 Euro for two small dogs.. so shop around or get stung :mad:

Santona
10 rue des Vases
14600 Honfleur

img001.jpeg

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Couldn't find carro on Google maps.
Where is it near please?

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
The Vet close to the Aire in Honfleur has been very expensive for some years.

It was taken over by a large group of Vets called Santoria when the Lady Vet who was there either sold out or retired and they upped the prices considerably – if you see any other Santoria Vets elsewhere in France avoid them as well!

A ten minute walk or one minute drive from the Aire is another Vet that we used when our dog was taken ill last year.

She, and her husband who's also a Vet, can be found at 38 Route Emile Renouf (49.412504,0.246243).

Plenty of parking outside and the number is - 02 31 89 55 53

We walked in and were seen without an appointment, she speaks some English, charges much less than you were robbed of and is a much better option in Honfleur.

:france::france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Passport says docteur juliette lelong no d'odre 28380. Can't find it on the net yet but it's literally 100 yards from the port area up the hill on the left. We were headed to one we found on google about 1.5 mile further on so just happened across this one on the way .

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy

Wow, that is cheap. Our local vet charges €28 for a normal consultation (doctor only charges €23) can't remember how much for health cert.

We will need a vet after leaving Twin Lakes so I obtained a list from Broken Link Removed searching for veterinaire in Soumeras and it offered 9 within 20Km. Easy enough to phone for an appointment and price.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
[QUOTE="Gazza333,
The grand cost of supplying the tablet, stamping his passport and all the necessary details was...................................wait for it............

........2 euro. How about that for cheap and a lovely vet too.[/QUOTE]
You sure he was the Vet and not yer local Ronnie Barker open allHrs who gve him an asprin:doh::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
[QUOTE="Gazza333,
The grand cost of supplying the tablet, stamping his passport and all the necessary details was...................................wait for it............

You sure he was the Vet and not yer local Ronnie Barker open allHrs who gve him an asprin:doh::rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]
I gotta admit I was half expecting to get to the port and them check his passport and say "your not coming in ". But the lady checked it thoroughly. Even picked us up on a plastic cover sheet not been placed on his microchip page but then, yes I'm happy with that off you go sir enjoy your journey.

Was expecting to have to have him redone in Calais and wait 24 hours. Just goes to show if you stay away from the port areas as you have 5 days to get him done, you can get a better price. I must admit I never ask the price I just get him done then pay whatever they say. So 2 euro was a shock to say the least

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
wow.. cheap as chips..

I posted this before..

Honfleur, the vet near the aire..

we were charged two consultations plus an extra €15 for a worming injection for our JRT who won't take tablets..

108.61 Euro for two small dogs.. so shop around or get stung :mad:

Santona
10 rue des Vases
14600 Honfleur

We tend to use that one quite often even though she's the most expensive vet in the world. The convenience, being right opposite the aire is one reason but the main one is that my springer usually really hates all vets to the point of panic but for some reason seems to quite like her. He's quite happy to see her and even jumps up on to the table. That never happens with any other vet, even our regular one here so I don't mind paying for it.

I think it was €98 for the two dogs when we went there about 3 weeks ago.

We were going to give the one a La Mailleraye a try this time but he was closed when we were there.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
We paid €51 at the vets in Biscarrosse, South West France last week prior to our return....I expected to pay more TBH...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We paid €51 at the vets in Biscarrosse, South West France last week prior to our return....I expected to pay more TBH...

but think about it.. it takes what .. 15 mins tops..? + a worm tablet.. it's daylight robbery .. and they know it..

last place we had it done was Gravelines.. the vet in town has moved to an industrial estate on the outskirts, so plenty of good parking..

IIRC it was about €50 for two dogs ..

Details
ZA du Guindal, 61 Rue Charles Fourrier, 59820 Gravelines, France

Open 8:30am–12pm, 2–7pm

Map https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...d7ace5f146!8m2!3d50.9752446!4d2.1274369?hl=en

NB>> You won't see it on Google Earth or Street View.. ..it's a brand new industrial estate ..

GPS 50.975057, 2.127950

Last edited:

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Rule #1 of any business - charge as much as the customer is prepared to pay.

If you have to have it - it costs what it costs.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
charge as much as the customer is prepared to pay.

Don't shoot the messenger, they don't make the rules.

you can't have it both ways.. :doh:

either it's a fixed price.. "they don't make the rules"

or .. " charge as much as the customer is prepared to pay"

anyways.. whatever you say, most vets rip you off.. they see pets as cash cows.. opoopss .. sorry.. that would be large animal vets .. farming vets milking cows.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We used the Vet at Mailleraye-sur-Seine in July - €22 and we were in the Vets for 4 minutes - dog was weighed, examined, given tablet and Pet Passport signed and stamped.

On my reckoning that's around €330 an hour.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
scotjimland - Gravelines Vet added to the European Vets map - thanks for the info - if you see any mistakes or can offer any extra information please let me know.

:france::france::france::france:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
you can't have it both ways.. :doh:

either it's a fixed price.. "they don't make the rules"

or .. " charge as much as the customer is prepared to pay"

anyways.. whatever you say, most vets rip you off.. they see pets as cash cows.. opoopss .. sorry.. that would be large animal vets .. farming vets milking cows.

Either way you can't blame the vets for taking advantage of a situation not of their making. You can't even blame the EU as much as I'd like to because it isn't part of the Pet Passport scheme and there's nothing similar to cross any other EU border.

Any blame needs to be laid firmly at the door of DEFRA. It's their stupid requirement, nobody elses.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
but think about it.. it takes what .. 15 mins tops..? + a worm tablet.. it's daylight robbery .. and they know it..

last place we had it done was Gravelines.. the vet in town has moved to an industrial estate on the outskirts, so plenty of good parking..

IIRC it was about €50 for two dogs ..

Details
ZA du Guindal, 61 Rue Charles Fourrier, 59820 Gravelines, France

Open 8:30am–12pm, 2–7pm

Map https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...d7ace5f146!8m2!3d50.9752446!4d2.1274369?hl=en

NB>> You won't see it on Google Earth or Street View.. ..it's a brand new industrial estate ..

GPS 50.975057, 2.127950
Agreed Jim but they have you by the balls...Last year in Romania we had it done PLUS he was sedated and had his teeth cleaned all for €30....Thanks for the link(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back