Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
is it still possible to get calor gas bottles refilled in Portugal anywhere this winter ? No do not want to buy a refillable system as we normally do not use much gas so pay back on it would be years. Cheers

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It's not very convenient dragging a caravan through some forecourts and also up here in Norfolk the lpg pumps are disappearing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in portugal the big main gas bottle filling plants will usually fill your bottle . they are all over the place . but just in from the spanish border castro marim area is a couple one used to have a big blue elephant sign outside .
plus ask other m,homers as loads have adaptors to fill bottles .
at one time you could buy them in the hardware shops in portugal. or the gas bottle filling stations had them.
been going on over there since the early 70,s .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all on eBay now :LOL:
is there?
perhaps its time for a gas filling adaptor thread hee hee .
i made my own years ago using the acme thread filling fitting .
mind now i have a real posh one .
oh and some tip one bottle into another . ha ha .
and smoke fags at the same time . seen that a few times in turkey .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes get a repsol then these can be exchanged in spain as well . and vice versa .
i use a cepsa . only as it was free years ago for the nice shiny bottles when they first came out .
i find leave uk with a ful uk bottle arrive in spain exchange cepsa and use it . uk bottle as back up . try to exchange cepsa just before entering portugal. that last 5 weeks or so . if need be use uk bottle .
chat to a gas bottle delivery driver they usually have a bottle for the price of a drink.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
is it still possible to get calor gas bottles refilled in Portugal anywhere this winter ? No do not want to buy a refillable system as we normally do not use much gas so pay back on it would be years. Cheers
Not sure of the spelling, but when we were in Portugal,algarve, we had ours refilled at a garage in a place called Boliqueime. The man fills them up himself.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
We are having a tank fitted before we go this year.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We have never been to Portugal before so trying it out for the 1st time. No point in us getting a refillable system as may not like it and the rest of the time in uk we are quite light users of gas, also in nw Norfolk not so many places to refill. Would buy a safe fill bottle but with my luck I would not get it filled anywhere, haha.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you are near Ansiâo and I am in a very, very good mood then I can arrange to have your EMPTY Calor Gas propane bottle(s) filled for you using my adaptor thingy...

Or, as posted above, down in the Algarve, just off the N125 between Albufeira and Quarteira, there is the gas guy at Boliqueime.

JJ :cool:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
If you are near Ansiâo and I am in a very, very good mood then I can arrange to have your EMPTY Calor Gas propane bottle(s) filled for you using my adaptor thingy...

Or, as posted above, down in the Algarve, just off the N125 between Albufeira and Quarteira, there is the gas guy at Boliqueime.

Wow I got Boliqueime spelt right,above.:clap2:

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
If you invest in an adaptor on ebay you can fill them at most gpl stations. The one at Boliqueme has filled calor bottles in the past but has been a bit fussy in recent years, sounds like they had been reported at some point. Local bottles are very easily obtained almost every grocer shop sells them and most garages and supermarkets. Almost every town has a gas plumber who can supply fittings as can many of the drogadieras (ironmongers ) which are also found in most towns too. You will find regulars on most campsites who can help you find the best local services

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if my memory is right there,s another place as well near quelfes . not far from olhao,
and we have had bottles filled on the west coast at gas bottle filling plants . cant remember the places . but have used two different ones .

Deleted User
if my memory is right there,s another place as well near quelfes . not far from olhao,
and we have had bottles filled on the west coast at gas bottle filling plants . cant remember the places . but have used two different ones .

Never used the one at Quelfes but have heard of it from others and the sign is still up on the roundabout on the N125.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes its not far from a roundabout .
we have often spent a night or so on that industrial estate at the roundabout .
was a good bosch place there.
i tried to find it on google maps but couldnt get a good pic .

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
If

If I'd known that I wouldn't that i wouldnt have bought gaslow, thanks JJ.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i remember malcolm and wendy with the wood looking transit showed us it years ago.
mind was an old guy filling then bet he isnt around now . time does fly by.
eyes open and there are loads of places really.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
roundabouture of the spelling, but when we were in Portugal,algarve, we had ours refilled at a garage in a place called Boliqueime. The man fills them up himself.
Yes you will see a big blue sign and a new roundabout on a new tarmacadam road
you can see the garage from th 125.

Reactions: kcy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back